I LOOOOOVE office provided lunch...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I LOOOOOVE office provided lunch...

Especially when the only choice is setting off a massive gluten bomb in my body. Hooray.

Fast? I do this at lunches all the time.

Comment

Just scream at them, "THAT is NOT fooOOOOOOOOD!"

Comment

Since I am in KC area, most lunches are BBQ, so I am lucky there I guess.

Comment

We're having a going away party today. Ice cream & desserts. There are non-primal goodies everywhere! I brought some berries & bananas & made some whipped topping out of heavy cream (reserved some unsugared for myself, of course). This way the cream & berries will give an appearance that I am eating with the rest of the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbitt81 View Post
            Especially when the only choice is setting off a massive gluten bomb in my body. Hooray.
            You chose to eat it.
            My Fitday public journal.
            Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
            Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
            Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

I always have some food of my own in the fridge. Work lunches here are almost always pizza, often with beer. I just politely decline and eat my food later.

Comment

Originally posted by davem View Post
                You chose to eat it.
                I did.

Nobody forced me to eat a damn thing.

Comment

We had a "food day" here the other day to celebrate a birthday. Basically people bring in a bunch of junk, sit it on the end of the aisle for everyone to graze on during the day. I just ignored it, and brought in my own lunch. It was hard, but I did it.

Comment

I always try to have a parachute with me...1/2 lb of roast-beef and a can of coconut milk or some such.

I just tell people I have food allergies.

Eventually they get it.

Comment

I know what you mean. Every Friday (and sometimes other days) we have a huge box of bagels, cream cheese and raisin bread sitting in the break room. I curse it every time. Then, this week, they went for the GIANT pizza-sized pastry in addition to all the other stuff. It's called 'King Pastry' or something. That is *exactly* how you should start your morning The only reason I can resist is because I have joint pain issues and migraines, and I know pastries and bagels are a fast ticket to hell for me.
                      http://baconandwhimsy.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
                        I always have some food of my own in the fridge. Work lunches here are almost always pizza, often with beer. I just politely decline and eat my food later.
                        Good lord that would be awful for me! Pizza + Beer = my Kryptonite. Except that beer and flourescent lights don't really mix so i might be able to turn it down.

Comment

Fortunately, I order the meals for our team lunches. This means I usually order myself something separate from the rest of the gang. I tell the restaurant one of the customers has a gluten/dairy intolerance, and that does the trick.

That said, I also poll my crew to make sure no one has special dietary needs. We have a vegetarian who is very grateful for this. Maybe talk to whoever's in charge of meals and mention that you have food preferences/allergies? If they're like me, they'll be happy to accommodate.
                          Steph
                          My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Originally posted by bobbitt81 View Post
                            I did.

Nobody forced me to eat a damn thing.
                            I remember back when I was working on a wii game at a now defunct studio... they'd buy dinner for us every night because we were in the midst of 6 months of crunch and you couldn't leave work prior to about 9pm - it was always pasta which tasted like glue, and people loved it. Tasted like ash and elmer's, I hated that period and got to a nice plump 265#, feeling like shit the whole time.

Eff offices and their food.
                            My Fitday public journal.
                            Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
                            Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
                            Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

Originally posted by davem View Post
                              I remember back when I was working on a wii game at a now defunct studio... they'd buy dinner for us every night because we were in the midst of 6 months of crunch and you couldn't leave work prior to about 9pm - it was always pasta which tasted like glue, and people loved it. Tasted like ash and elmer's, I hated that period and got to a nice plump 265#, feeling like shit the whole time.

Eff offices and their food.
                              I'm a producer at a game studio, and I can tell you that I have tried to get healthier stuff for the gang. They don't want it. Crunch time is usually not the time to introduce the team to salad.

That said, again, I do poll to make sure folks who want the diet-specific stuff get it. And oh man, it can get repetitious if you have someone with a limited imagination ordering them. I remember at my old studio we used to get pizza every goddamn day of crunch. By a certain point we were screaming at our managers NO MORE PIZZA. Or at the very least, bring beer in with it. :P

But seriously: pipe up. I give a good goddamn so I make sure whenever we cater that it's different from the night before, and I ask afterward what people thought of it/what they would want different. And I also appreciate when people let me know without me having to prompt. Some people don't know to prompt, though. Sometimes you gotta speak up. (Politely.)
                              Steph
                              My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Working...
                              X