Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long (and where) can you keep macadamia nuts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long (and where) can you keep macadamia nuts?

So i was searching for a source of unsalted/unroasted macadamias and i finally found a good shop that sells them for a reasonable price. The problem is that i would have to take ~1,5 kilos and its without the nutshell.
    As im the only one eating them here it would take me a while to eat all of it and im here to ask if someone tried storing (maybe freezing) the nuts and if they are fine to keep for at least a month, maybe even two.

I keep mine in a ziplock bag in the freezer. I eat them straight outta the freezer when I need a snack. YUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Mizz Hawaii View Post
      I keep mine in a ziplock bag in the freezer. I eat them straight outta the freezer when I need a snack. YUM!
      +1

I store all nuts and seeds that way.
      Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

Yeah. I also freeze my nuts. Then grab them whenever I feel like it.

Honestly, nuts don't seem to go rancid all that quickly, but I keep bulk almonds around for grinding into almond meal, so I store extra bags in the freezer.

Comment

We have trouble keeping macadamias in the house no matter what amount I buy! I keep all my nuts in the freezer, pretty much. They thaw and refreeze well.

Comment

OUCH!

Comment

Originally posted by SuBee View Post
              We have trouble keeping macadamias in the house no matter what amount I buy! I keep all my nuts in the freezer, pretty much. They thaw and refreeze well.
              This. I eat them way too quickly so I can't even buy them. I have no willpower when it comes to macadamias.

Comment

BTW I oven roasted macadamias for the first time a couple nights ago. After just 10 minutes they were 10x better than they were raw. Evil, expensive, delicious little macadamias....

Comment

Is it obvious when nuts go rancid? I've had a bag of macadamias in my cupboard for a few months now. And the almonds have been there for at least a month. I haven't noticed any foul taste to them. Oh, and both nuts are the raw kind, if that makes a difference.
                  I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by wildwabbit View Post
                    brrrrrrrr
                    July 25 - 231.4
                    Aug 25 - 220
                    Sep 26 - 214
                    Oct 26 - 208.8

Comment

Working...
                    X