Commercial Lard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial Lard

I have not been able to find coconut oil locally so I thought of animal fat and lard. But, it's real pasty and it's leaving me feel worse for eating it.

Is it because the commercial stuff gets homogenized? Anyway, when I used to render my own moose fat, it always left a good taste in my mouth. This stuff is nasty.

Any input?

You can order coconut oil online very reasonably. I would avoid eating anything that makes you feel like crap.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

Just to lend a hand... if you have any GNC or vitaminshoppe or the like around you can prolly get coconut oil there..

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... Listen to your body...

We don't have vitamin shops here but I'll look it up online.

Thanks for your help! Just started and have a long way to go and a lot to learn...

Comment

Supermarket lard contains at least some partially hydrogenated lard, nasty to begin with let alone what is in the fat from conventionally raised pigs. I rendered some fat from Diane Renata's Boarfest and it is just sublime. It lends that mouthfeel (umami?) that you can't get any other way. I like the coconut oil but it's not the same.
          Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Working...
          X