Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Egg Burger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Egg Burger

    My mother just told me of the most ingenious thing.... Apparently Jensen Ackles (Dean on Supernatural) has fried eggs on his burgers!!!
    So for tonight's supper... I'm having a bunless bacon and egg burger!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
    My mother just told me of the most ingenious thing.... Apparently Jensen Ackles (Dean on Supernatural) has fried eggs on his burgers!!!
    So for tonight's supper... I'm having a bunless bacon and egg burger!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That is absolute heaven! Especially when the yolk spills out. YUM!!!
    Georgette

    Comment


    • #3
      This is standard fare at Red Robin. I think it's called the Royal Robin or something.
      --Trish (Bork)
      TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
      http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
      FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Is this uncommon? I grew up in Australia, and the fried-egg-on-burger thing is pretty standard there. But yes, it's good!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
          This is standard fare at Red Robin. I think it's called the Royal Robin or something.
          Ah yes, that is where I first learned of the fried egg on a burger.
          Of course now it would be bunless but still.. fried egg on anything is awesome in my book
          DD born August 2012
          TTC #2
          SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
          CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
          Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
          Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

          My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

          Comment


          • #6
            While you are at it, put some sauce bearnaise or sauce choron over the whole mess.

            Comment


            • #7
              Add some avocado and mustard and you really have an awesome burger!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by paleo_hailey View Post
                Is this uncommon? I grew up in Australia, and the fried-egg-on-burger thing is pretty standard there. But yes, it's good!
                I agree. This is the way burgers have always been. Love a good burger with patty, egg, bacon, cheese, avocado, beetroot, tomato and lettuce! Yum!
                Became Primal August 2011

                SW - 84kg / 185lb
                CW - 60kg / 132lb
                GW - 60kg / 132lb

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kbn1 View Post
                  While you are at it, put some sauce bearnaise or sauce choron over the whole mess.
                  have you not experienced the glory of homemade chipotle mayo yet?
                  --Trish (Bork)
                  TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
                  http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
                  FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Didn't someone post a picture on here of a burger topped with...

                    bacon
                    egg
                    almond butter

                    I'm still waiting for the night I'm in the mood for something this rich

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I eat this every morning for breakfast with sauteed onions & mushrooms

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i made "australian" burgers for dinner with the fried egg and beetroot (beets) for my USA friends - they were so wierded out but they loved them!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
                          have you not experienced the glory of homemade chipotle mayo yet?
                          Have you not experienced the glory of a proper sauce choron?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I agree with the Australian notion that it's not a burger without beetroot. Unless it has pineapple instead.
                            "Thanks to the combination of meat, calcium-rich leaf foods, and a vigorous life, the early hunter-gatherers were robust, with strong skeletons, jaws, and teeth." - Harold McGee, On Food And Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Doddibot View Post
                              I agree with the Australian notion that it's not a burger without beetroot. Unless it has pineapple instead.
                              Describe the beetroot for me please. Is it slices of cooked beet, or shredded and raw, or... I am curious.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X