steak-ums?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steak-ums?

I recently bought a package of steak-ums because they were on sale and I read the label:

Ingredients: BEEF
    100 calories
    5 gram protein
    0 carb
    20 mg sodium

a single portion can be microwaved or cooked in a skillet for no more than 2 minutes and it is done. Do you think this is a good option for a quick protein if need be?
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

I eat them They make awesome philly cheesesteak meat and also with the right seasonings make a great greek gyro-type meat.
    Uncle Dutch Farms - my bloggy home.
    My review of the Piteba oil expeller - handcranked expeller to make fresh nut oils, coconut oil, etc. Yeah, I love this thing.
    My favorite kitchen tools - The Homesteader Kitchen

Comment

There must be some fat in it - otherwise I can't make 5g of protein make up 100kcal :P

I reckon it'd work, but I don't know... if they don't leave out a bunch of nasty ingredients on the list, I guess it'd be fine.

Comment

yeh there is fat in them. and the only ingredient is beef that is why i bought it. i like them so i guess i will eat them!

Comment

I know!

I had been eating them for years and years, so I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up the package and saw there were no freakish mystery ingredients, just "Beef".

Yea!
          Durp.

Comment

i know, I was shocked! lol

Comment

Are they frozen? Or in the fresh meat section?

Comment

Originally posted by texasyaya View Post
                Are they frozen? Or in the fresh meat section?
                Frozen

Comment

they come frozen in a little red box, but when you take them out to get ready to cook they thaw very quickly. they are very thinly sliced.

Comment

What are some ideas to use them in a meal?
                    [SIGPIC] Michelle

Started PB 4/20/12 at 5'5" and 168.5 lbs

4/30/12: 162.7

Comment

They are processed crap meat. I'm from Philly and those things are dog food. Get yourself thinly sliced steak. That is what is used on a real steak. I can't even get past the smell of those things. That is to steak sandwich meat what fast food burgers are to real burgers.

Comment

I get shaved steak and lamb. Actual steak, and boneless led of lamb... shaved SUPER thin. Cooks in seconds just like "steak-ums", only better!
                        I LOVE the lamb!!!

Just ask the butcher to do it for you.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever Young View Post
                          They are processed crap meat. I'm from Philly and those things are dog food. Get yourself thinly sliced steak. That is what is used on a real steak. I can't even get past the smell of those things. That is to steak sandwich meat what fast food burgers are to real burgers.
                          Does anyone have a science-based objection to Steak-umms?

Comment

Those things still exist? I used to eat those in high school all the time after some "recreational" smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

WHAT EXACTLY is Steak-umm? In his ruling, Judge Lawrence Stengel describes it as made "from chopped and formed emulsified meat product that is comprised of beef trimmings left over after an animal is slaughtered and all of the primary cuts, such as tenderloin, filet, and rib eye, are removed. . . . The emulsified meat is pressed into a loaf and sliced, frozen and packaged."
                              Read more at Steak-hmm

Comment

Working...
                              X