Best natural pre-workout boost?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best natural pre-workout boost?

Well I'm a morning workout type of guy, I don't exactly jump out of bed ready for my workout so I want something to give me a good natural boost. Thoughts? I used to drink black coffee early in the morning, but I'm trying to find something better. I'm drinking wheatgrass juice right now, but honestly it's nasty tasting and I don't feel all that much different, and it's incredibly expensive.

BCAA's...

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

I have had pretty good results before with a black coffee and a small ripe banana (plus a glass of water)

Comment

Coffee...black...and I&#39;m good.

Comment

yerbe mate tea. an hour before the workout though, or you&#39;ll be running to the bathroom between sprints

Comment

Earl Gray tea with coconut milk and a little honey.

Comment

Brazil,this summer

I went to bed last night without taking a bath,simply because I was really tired

Woke up in the morning,had a capoeira class in 20 minutes.I was feeling crappy and I said "Damn I have to take a bath"

Best thing I ever did.I was instantly revitalized!Warm water really seemed to wake me up!

Try it

Comment

Actually I&#39;ve tried everything you all mentioned, including the warm water soak. I suppose I&#39;ll go back to black coffee and bananas and a nice warm face soak. Thanks all!

Comment

fotakou! How&#39;s Brazil? That&#39;s where I&#39;m from... haven&#39;t been there for 8 years though...

In what part do you live?

I&#39;ve been wondering this for a while, and I&#39;m glad I found a Brazilian here: How&#39;s is it like to staying primal there?

Sorry for hijacking the threat! lol!

By the way, I&#39;ve read somewhere that carbs pre-workout hinder the production of certain hormones, so you shouldn&#39;t have that banana just yet... Go to leangains.com and it&#39;s one of the first things you&#39;ll find!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                  ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

I&#39;m all to familiar with Lean Gains, I&#39;ll probably pass on the banana. It&#39;s not like eating food 30mins to an hour before hand is going to digest fully to get much use out of it by the time I workout. None the less, they&#39;re packed with good stuff and I did love them. I remember I used to bring a whole bundle of them to work, and just eat them throughout the day, haha. A Japanese contractor made fun of me one day when he saw a gallon of water with a bundle of bananas on my desk.

Comment

Sorry OP but it seems that I cant pm in this forum

@Raphael

I went to Brazil for 5 weeks,I am originally from Greece.I stayed in Guaratingueta for 4 weeks and in Bahia for 1 week.It was really nice,although next time I wont stay to Guara for so long...

While in Brazil I decided to try the local food and thats what I did.I particularly liked the meat(frango and picanha ^^),pacokitas(peanut powder with sugar) and the vast majority of the pizzas(sweet and not)!I think it would be easy for me to stay primal since in every place I could find a comida a kilo place(food by the kilo).I would load up on steak,sausages,chicken and veggies and I would be happy!But thats coming from someone who saved money for a year in order to spend them all in Brazil...I dont think that the typical Brasileiro would be able to afford primal without some rice or beans...

@Kaizen

How about some music(mainly songs that make you move) and some light warm up?Every time I hear some capoeira music on youtube,I want to start moving ^^

Comment

FAT BURNER PILLZ DUH!

No but really,

black coffee w/ TBSP coconut oil, cold water (actually shocks nervous system) versus warm water, some good music.

sigpic
                        In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

Thanks, I don&#39;t have coconut oil but I do have coconut milk. I might try that, although as cold as it is outside I don&#39;t think I&#39;d want to drink anything cold right now. Also, if you drink it cold with coconut oil, the oil will solidify.

Comment

Personally I feel best after 16-20 hours of fasting and a cup or two of green tea w/ a pinch of cinnamon and ginger

Comment

Oh Kaizen I didn&#39;t mean cold water for the coffee.. I meant something like sticking your feet in cold water, or a cold water shower. But yeah the black coffee with coconut oil works very well as a pre-workout booster

sigpic
                              In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

Working...
                              X