Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my Primal Breakfast

Hello from France.

a little question, for a breakfast, a hamburger with a fried egg is ok?
    And a soup (tomato, green pepper, cabbage, celery, onion...)

I asked it because it my main problem with Primal, the breakfast.
    Eggs or frittata every morning are boring, smoothie are delicious but sometime not enough nutritious.

Not a big fan of salad in the morning, and even the classical eggs and bacon are not enough some morning.

Thanks for your answers!

Originally posted by docteurguillotine View Post
    Hello from France.

I asked it because it my main problem with Primal, the breakfast.
    Eggs or frittata every morning are boring, smoothie are delicious but sometime not enough nutritious.

Not a big fan of salad in the morning, and even the classical eggs and bacon are not enough some morning.

Thanks for your answers!
    Absolutely - a burger with a fried egg is ok for breakfast. I love bacon/sausage with an egg combo - but i'll switch it up with omelets, egg cupcakes, and almond flour pancakes every now and then.

You can have steak and eggs or left overs from dinner the night before. There are lots of options
    Primal Krista
    The Paleo Lifestyle

Current primal weight: 134lbs (9/9/11)

Comment

voulez-vous dire du bœuf haché ou un hamburger avec un petit pain?
      I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

I happen to love eggs, so it's not too big of an issue for me. I prepare eggs with leftovers from the night before. Steak sliced up - quickly flashed in the pan, set aside...then prepared eggs however. I'm in California, so eating eggs with the always available salsas are great. Tomatio, salsa fresca, chipotle, or just a plain chile on the side adds flavor. I also do lots of veggies....so I'll quickly do some in the pan (bell peppers, squashes, onions, finely cut up cauliflower or broccoli, etc - whatever. Set them on the plate, then do my eggs whoever (scrambled, fried, poached). I also simply just dump the scramble mix of eggs right over the top of whatever and finish the cooking that way. Again, a side of salsa with that usually. Try any of the almond muffin recipes too! a couple muffins, smoothie (with the raw egg blended helps) and don't forget a dash of coconut oil. I find by adding/having that extra oil in with breakfast it "digests" more slowly so I don't feel hungry so quickly. I ate at 8:30 this morning, it's now 12:30, I"m going on a short mid day spin on my road bike (maybe 10-12 miles) and I still don't crave any food. I will take a handful of nuts, some coconut shavings, and maybe half an apple with me. As crazy as it sounds, I've been actually eating stir fry veggies and a meat for breakfast too. I'm turning the whole "breakfast" meal upside down and it's great. What's for breakfast? FOOD!

Good luck in your lifestyle!

Craig

Comment

tu parles français Nion? Tiens je me sens moins seul
          non juste le steak haché, of course, pas de pain.
          I have to say that it pretty difficult to find almond flour in France...
          Thanks all for your answers, any more advice?

Comment

Hello from France.

Mais oui!

Comment

tant mieux
              en France primal c'est pas à la mode / in France primal is not trendy

Comment

Perhaps you can make it le dernier cri!
                "Wait! I'll fix it!"
                "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
                "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

Comment

Originally posted by docteurguillotine View Post
                  tu parles français Nion? Tiens je me sens moins seul
                  non juste le steak haché, of course, pas de pain.
                  I have to say that it pretty difficult to find almond flour in France...
                  Thanks all for your answers, any more advice?
                  Ah, oui un peu

I wanted to clarify in French, in case it was a language thing. :P
                  I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

Eat leftovers from dinner, that's what I do. Still getting used to eating steak for breakfast, but it fills me up nicely for the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
                      Perhaps you can make it le dernier cri!
                      sound like a challenge

about leftovers... never had some. I cook for 2, and it seems i cook in perfect proportion: no leftover; ok i joke, but rarely there is leftover.

Comment

I once read that we should stop thinking about it as "breakfast" which often brings images of pastries, cereals, etc and start thinking about it as our "first meal". This means any primal food is up for grabs! I don't eat eggs, so I frequently have a burger patty fried with onions and served with whatever I am in the mood for - lettuce, avocado, bacon....sometimes nothing else.

If it is primal, you can eat it - any time you feel like it
                        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Can you find ground pork or turkey? Pork sausage without additives?

I eat cheese, so that makes it easier for me, too. Goat cheese with fruit.

Comment

first meal, Nice point of view, i avoid cheese but pork sausage why not!

Comment

what about salmon, tuna, sardines, oysters? some days bksft is a 3egg omelet w/cheese, and any of the following meats: salmon burger, tuna, steak, bacon, sausage, chicken...

todays' Bkfst was leftover primal meatloaf, chicken bkfst sausage, and a 3egg omelet w/cheese, some coffee w/coconut crack creamer
                              The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
                              What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
                              SW 190lb
                              Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
                              25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                              1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                              GW ~135lbs
                              5'3"
                              Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

Working...
                              X