Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you eat any grains on a regular basis?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rice just about every single day. Usually basmati rice with some kind of meat and veggies. Often basmati rice prepared as yellow rice with turmeric, cumin, and cinnamon, and a base of diced and sauteed onions and peppers. Occasionally in the form of rice noodles -- pad Thai, pho, etc.

A couple times a week I might have a very small bowl of gluten free cereal (rice and/or corn) in coconut milk with berries. What can I say...I love the crunch!

Every few weeks or months I'll have some organic corn tortilla chips and salsa.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big L View Post
      Rice just about every single day. Usually basmati rice with some kind of meat and veggies. Often basmati rice prepared as yellow rice with turmeric, cumin, and cinnamon, and a base of diced and sauteed onions and peppers. Occasionally in the form of rice noodles -- pad Thai, pho, etc.

A couple times a week I might have a very small bowl of gluten free cereal (rice and/or corn) in coconut milk with berries. What can I say...I love the crunch!

Every few weeks or months I'll have some organic corn tortilla chips and salsa.
      +1 for living your life how YOU want to!
      Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

• Well team 62 people responded to my survey, which is a pretty decent sample size

as for the grain question!

out of 62 people
        • 26 (the skipped question) say no to any grains. about 40%
        • 31 said white rice is cool - 50%
        • next of note was corn/maise 12 yeas - 20% have a little corn.

So there you go, Conclusion: its pretty much like American politics - two camps - those who eat no grains at all and those who eat white rice and maybe some oats or corn on the side.

One voter answered yes for every grain, I guess a carbovore stumbled across poll!
        Fear of the unknown...They are afraid of new ideas. they are loaded with prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.

Comment

• i really don't care what others eat, but i care what I eat, kwim?

first, not a big bean eater anyway. i never really prepped them at home, and getting them from dried to cooked was tough for me. sprouting was easier, so i was more likely to make crunchy bean sprouts (with a nice little leaf), and since i got some in my organic box, i'll probably eat those too. it's pretty much salad greens at that point anyway.

so, giving up beans wasnt hard.

i also don't eat a lot of bread or grains -- they take a long time to cook. so no big loss for me. it was just makign sure i ate enough.

Comment

Working...
          X