What's the best way to eat to lose weight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best way to eat to lose weight

I am 5'6" and weigh 150lbs and have been maintaining this weight for quite some time. I am really trying to lose 10 lbs and have tried so many different things and the weight just won't come off. It's so frustrating. My goal is to be 135-140

Hi there,
    we must have the same build. I was stuck at 150 for so long. Cutting out all dairy and most nuts helped me drop that last 15lbs.
    ~Blog~

Comment

What are you doing now to lose weight?

I mean, what is your normal day of food and activity like? Do you supplement? Are you 80%, or trying for 100%?

I'm at the same weight and height as you (about) and it will get tougher as you get closer to your goal.
      Durp.

Comment

Right now I am eating lots of eggs, chicken, tuna, steak, etc. and veggies. I don't eat any fruit. If I have dairy, it is a tablespoon of heavy cream in my coffee. I supplement very little, like adding a small scoop of rice protein to a spinach smoothie here and there.

A normal day looks like this:
        Coffee w/ coconut creamer and stevia, or Tbsp of heavy cream
        My first meal Breakfast/Lunch is usually around noon after I workout and either 3 eggs or a salad with chicken, tuna, fish, turkey breast and EVOO and balsamic as dressing
        A couple hours later if I am hungry I will have a snack of some sort of protein (chicken, boiled egg, etc.) or on some days I make a spinach or avocado smoothie with almond milk and add a little rice protein to thicken
        Dinner is some kind of protein and veggies or another salad.

I feel like I have been so good and the weight should be coming off but its not!

Comment

Have you read Mark's post on plateues? I think he suggests weekly sprint and IFing.

Comment

There is no best way to eat to lose weight (fat). It depends on where you are at i.e. You are very close to goal so you need to be strategic to get the rest off someone obese can just low carb. Depends also how much you exercise. Some do carb refeeds to get fat moving again. Take a look at your calories. Design a dietary lifestyle around what you like to eat.

Comment

Something you may want to investigate or consider (I'm about to go to bed) - apparently Sumo wrestlers keep their weight on and on the up by working out before breakfast. Other than that, I'm with you - been stuck for months and months though I have lost 60lbs on low-carb and now I've gained 3lb on the leptin reset - my diet looks similar to yours, except I have b/fast earlier - so when you find the answer, PLEASE share won't you?

Comment

Originally posted by MollyMoo View Post
                Something you may want to investigate or consider (I'm about to go to bed) - apparently Sumo wrestlers keep their weight on and on the up by working out before breakfast. Other than that, I'm with you - been stuck for months and months though I have lost 60lbs on low-carb and now I've gained 3lb on the leptin reset - my diet looks similar to yours, except I have b/fast earlier - so when you find the answer, PLEASE share won't you?
                I definitely will! Hopefully I can figure it out!

Comment

It sounds like you are eating good food, though I'm definitely not an expert. I know I plateaued for a while about a month and a half in. It has been a little over 3 months now, and I'm slowly but surely getting back to losing again. I'm not sure what I did right or wrong, but I suspect our bodies just naturally take a break sometimes, then start up again.
                  Durp.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. Stuck at 150ish. I'm new to low carb and new to Paleo, so I'm still losing, but I need help keeping it going....has anyone here done the Leptin Reset? I struggle finding out if I'm Leptin resistant....being so close to goal. (5 pounds of fat to go)

Comment

Originally posted by cavemeri View Post
                      I'm in the same boat. Stuck at 150ish. I'm new to low carb and new to Paleo, so I'm still losing, but I need help keeping it going....has anyone here done the Leptin Reset? I struggle finding out if I'm Leptin resistant....being so close to goal. (5 pounds of fat to go)
                      I doubt you're leptin resistant that close to goal. You just need to change things up. The closer to goal the harder the loss.

Comment

I"m also 5'6" and started at 150 lbs. I've been up to 20 lbs higher in the past 20 years, but spent many years stuck at 150 lbs. Four years ago, I discovered the Shangri La method for modifying your body's setpoint. It worked immediately for me and I was able to drop to 135 lbs in 3 months, after a total resistance of my body to go below 148 lbs for years. It seemed almost effortless and magical. My appetite was so reduced, no cravings.

Something to consider:
                        The Shangri La Diet, by Seth Roberts
                        My thread on the SLD forum: Shovelqueen's SLD Adventure
                        I know it's enormous - I've been there 4 years - but if you read the first half dozen pages, it tells of my initial experience and weight loss. I took oil daily for years with the occasional hiatus, and I'm back on it now and back into the 130's for the first time in a while. The combo of eating Primal and using the SLD method appears golden for me.

My thread here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread28436.html

Good luck!

Comment

Marthat,

So in a nutshell, the SLD is to supplement with canola oil? In PB canola oil is sorta frowned upon as a processed grain oil, but I guess it works for you. Do have any thoughts on SLD or canola being non-PB? I am not judging. Just curious. I wonder if others have found similar success with coconut oil.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by kungfumike View Post
                            Marthat,

So in a nutshell, the SLD is to supplement with canola oil? In PB canola oil is sorta frowned upon as a processed grain oil, but I guess it works for you. Do have any thoughts on SLD or canola being non-PB? I am not judging. Just curious. I wonder if others have found similar success with coconut oil.

Michael
                            A quick scan of that thread shows that it seems to be any oil, it just has to be flavourless - canola was just what Marthat had at the time she started the diet - others seem to use pretty much anything including coconut oil (they complain of the laxative effects!) and some use butter.

It sounds to me like just uping your fat intake to reduce your appetite - pretty much what PB does too.

Edited to say that I have been taking a spoonful of cod liver oil for my Vit D - but the bottle ran out a week or so ago and I have lost nothing since - it might just be coincidence, but I am going to be replacing that bottle today!

Comment

I have been intrigued by upping fat and moderate protein. Seems like there are many variations of this type of approach. But more fat and less potein and carbs are the common theme.

Comment

Working...
                              X