How Fatty Diets Cause Diabetes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Fatty Diets Cause Diabetes

Why did someone delete my previous thread?

How fatty diets cause diabetes

discuss.

I would agree with deleting it. It's more junk science. Maybe the forum needs a Trashcan Section for articles like this!

Comment

They didn't say WHAT KIND of fats they fed to the mice. A diet rich in pro-inflammatory Omega 6 fats and low in Omega 3 fats could easily be the culprit. Fat is not just Fat. You need to read between the lines.

Comment

The original abstract: http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/vao...ml#/affil-auth

The mice and people were already obese, and most likely already insulin resistant and metabolically deranged.
        My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

Comment

Is that even possible?
          Last edited by Monty; 08-17-2011, 10:02 AM.
          My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

Comment

Originally posted by Manos View Post
            Probably because your first post linking to junk science would seem to be trolling or spam. Bacon!

Comment

Relax guys, I didn't state that it is true or sth like that.

I just wanted to discuss.

Why are you so fucking negative?

Comment

I guess I have to ask, if its a legitimate subject for debate, why delete it? If the study was flawed its educational to point that out too...

Comment

You Did NOT Eat Your Way to Diabetes!
                  Primal Chaos
                  37yo 6'5"
                  6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
                  current 338lbs 49" waist
                  goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Probably because you are trolling with a new forum account and have no credibility?

Comment

I'm not negative, I told you why a moderator probably deleted your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnn View Post
                        I'm not negative, I told you why a moderator probably deleted your post.
                        Another thing is that we can't reach into the screen and find whoever wrote that garbage and beat the crap out of them, so all we can do is use words!

My health was damaged for over a decade thanks to those "eat low fat" assholes. They deserve to have their ass kicked, at least once a day.

Comment

I still don't see why threads are being deleted if they bring up counter-points. I very likely will disagree too, but we aren't the same type of folxs that exist on the vegan boards that delete/ban anyone who broaches counter points or questions. Are we?

Comment

Don't just dismiss this as 'junk science' if free fatty acids are interfering with glucose transport I want to know what the diet looked like, what sort of fats they were and a bit more contextual information.

It's not as simple as low fat vs high fat, we all know that, and just jumping on the 'to hell with your low fat nonsense!' bandwagon is not helpful.

When somenone brings up this study as evidence against fat, we need to know exactly what sort of fat these mice were being fed, do they normally have the metabolic processes to deal with that sort of fat, and would those processed be the same in a human.

So if you can't bring any actual science to the discussion, stop whining. If anyone has anything relevant to add, especially referring to sound science but explaining it in terms I can get my head around, I'm listening.
                            If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Comment

Originally posted by geekgrrl View Post
                              Don't just dismiss this as 'junk science' if free fatty acids are interfering with glucose transport I want to know what the diet looked like, what sort of fats they were and a bit more contextual information.

I don't care. It's bullshit and a waste of time. The "fat kills" people have done enough damage, don't you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X