Cheat Day ramifications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheat Day ramifications

How do you feel after a Cheat Day? I fell off the wagon yesterday and was very bad, alot of carbs, sugar and probably MSG. I slept like crap, kept tossing and turning and woke up tired. My back hurts, I feel listless and just blah and need a nap. Didn't even have any alcohol to have made it worthwhile! So anyway, what are your after Cheat Day symptoms? Misery needs company right now, just gotta know I'm not alone. Thanks! ZZZZZZzzzzzzz......

Falling off the wagon is not a cheat day.
    A cheat day is planned.
    You simply chose to eat crap for awhile.
    (......next I will probably rant about skipping breakfast being called "Intermittent Fasting")

Comment

i'll feel all kinds of weird when i say fuck it and eat whatever. usually, though, i feel bloated, gassy and tired. sleeping is more difficult too. just get back on the primal track and you'll feel fine in no time.
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I didn't really plan to eat like crap, just felt like I needed some carbs from Trader Joe's mini-tacos. Only problem was I ate half the box and it snowballed from there into other stuff. So I guess I didn't fall off the wagon, just hung off the back for awhile and scraped my head.

Yep, "all kinds of weird" describes how I feel when eating the bad stuff lately.

Comment

I said eff it for one dinner and one breakfast. Coming out of it a day later I still have:
          - Arthritis in my knee
          - Sore back
          - Lethargy
          - Short fuse
          - Raging headache

so while the food was good, the after effects make it less and less worth it.
          My Fitday public journal.
          Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
          Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
          Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

When I was doing P90X's meal plan I had a cheat day and I really looked forward to it. With Primal I have almost no desire for a cheat day so I don't take one. Anyone else feel that way?
            52 year old Male
            Goal: 185lbs
            April 10th: 220lbs

Comment

Originally posted by PaleoPenn View Post
              When I was doing P90X's meal plan I had a cheat day and I really looked forward to it. With Primal I have almost no desire for a cheat day so I don't take one. Anyone else feel that way?
              I'm still pretty new to primal, but yeah, I know what you mean. Primal foods are delicious enough, so other foods don't really sway me as much anymore. I still partake in non-primal foods occasionally, usually more due to social urging than actually wanting it.
              I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Comment

I had an off day yesterday as well. I had a couple new potatoes with dinner and then a couple chocolate chip cookies. The potatoes aren't that bad, but the cookies made me feel sick. It was the same headachey, gross feeling I get when I drink diet soda (which is why I never picked up that particular habit). I know it was regular sugar in the cookies, because I baked them myself for my non-primal family. I don't know if it was the flour or sugar that set me off, because I'd been 99.9% off of flour for a month+.

Comment

Thanks to one day of eating bad it seems like I'm going back into the low-carb flu today. Can one cheat day cause that?

Comment

Originally posted by ny2001miata View Post
                    Thanks to one day of eating bad it seems like I'm going back into the low-carb flu today. Can one cheat day cause that?
                    Yup! I get the carb flu everytime I cheat wheather it's one day or a couple of days. It'll take a day or two to flush it out of your system. And then you're back to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by croí View Post
                      Yup! I get the carb flu everytime I cheat wheather it's one day or a couple of days. It'll take a day or two to flush it out of your system. And then you're back to normal.
                      Thanks Croi, next time I'll think twice before eating garbage, the cost is too high!

Comment

As I'd been as far away as possible from Primal for almost a year, a month ago I decided to "ease" myself into it by having a weekly cheat day, a la Tim Ferris of the 4 Hour Body.

Well, I don't remember what I had the first week, as the consequences were only (?) feeling dead tired and slowing the weight loss (actually, putting on 2 pounds, losing them 5 days later). The second week, though, I had a full pancake, eggs & bacon diner breakfast, and half a big baguette for lunch - and in addition to the above symptoms, I was also constipated for 2 days that followed. After the pain that I suffered on the third day, I realised that eating grain products and bad fats is just not worth it for my health and wellbeing.

Now, I still have an "indulgence" meal on a weekly basis. It usually includes high quality ice cream or a Starbucks frappucino, or it could be a sweet and sour Chinese takeaway or a huge slice of runny Camembert with grapes. These don't seem to have terrible consequences. The indulgence meal is still a useful tool for me, at this stage, but I can see myself scaling it even further down in the future.

Comment

Tired. Achy. Gassy. Headache. Ice cream and wheat are the worst, so far.
                          Amy
                          ~wife and mother

Started primal a month before the end of my pregnancy with P who is now 1. Went from a size 14 down to a size 4 in less than a year. Now sitting at 20-21% body fat, a solid 130 pounds, and 5'9". Feeling better than ever before, and able to run around and chase my 5 little boys who range in age from 14 months up to 11.5 years old.

Comment

I have this too and it sucks. After I fall off the wagon with food I feel lethargic, get a headache (sometimes migraine), joint pain, digestion problems (to put it lightly), and other side effects. I *always* regret it, but it's hard to remember that pain when you get the urge to eat crap. It's usually hardest at social functions or at work (damn those bagels and krispy kreme every. single. friday.). It has gotten progressively easier to decline, though. Maybe I've finally had enough of the sickness!
                            http://baconandwhimsy.blogspot.com

Comment

I also kind of view it as an advantage. My husband doesn't really feel ill at all when he doesn't eat well, hence he's not sold on the diet. For me, I know what's causing my ailments and it's a major motivation to stay away from all of it.
                              http://baconandwhimsy.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X