tried the Lindt 85% Cocoa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tried the Lindt 85% Cocoa

and it was AMAZING!!! Seriously, it's so good, I don't know how I ever ate milk chocolate before. I've had dark chocolate before, but this is on a whole other level. Mmmmm I can't wait to melt it and drizzle it over some freshly picked strawberries tonight after dinner. I had to limit myself to 1 square a day, otherwise it would be gone by now

That stuff is awesome.

Comment

It is good! I like the 98% even better though. It tastes less bitter to me.
      We must learn to do what the leaf and the whale and the wind do of their own nature. We must learn to keep the balance. Having intelligence, we must not act in ignorance. Having choice, we must not act without responsibility
      -Sparrowhawk, The Farthest Shore by Ursula K. LeGuin

Comment

Originally posted by Anave View Post
        It is good! I like the 98% even better though. It tastes less bitter to me.
        Anave - not sure if you're low-carb (or you may not be bothered) but I'm sure the 98% has more sugar in it than the 90% - maybe the powers that be decided we wouldn't like the taste of a high cocoa chocolate . The 85% 'used' to be the lowest carb out there (lower than 90%) but they changed their formula a few months ago and you guessed it, more sugar in the 85% now too. I wrote to complain and they quoted the 'customer preference' line at me. No apologies to the folk who don't like 'sweet', low-carbers, anti-sugar folk or diabetics.

Comment

I used to eat milk and white choc, so I was surprised to find I actually loved the 85% type. I think the Green & Gold brand has less sugar than Lindt though? I checked both last time I went shopping.

Comment

Or is it Black & Gold? My brain is bit fried today.

Comment

LOL - Green and Black, er, I think . Yeh, Lindt did a number a few months ago - they were always the lowest sugar/carb (not that I checked virtually every brand), so I was quite miffed when they did this. I need to check the Green & Black now as I think their 85% tastes nicer than Lindt and it's organic too. Having said all that ..... if you're in Aus and I'm in the US, it could be different recipes for different countries and maybe Green & Black really is Black and Gold where you are, lol? OK, I'll shut up now

Comment

Originally posted by MollyMoo View Post
                LOL - Green and Black, er, I think . Yeh, Lindt did a number a few months ago - they were always the lowest sugar/carb (not that I checked virtually every brand), so I was quite miffed when they did this. I need to check the Green & Black now as I think their 85% tastes nicer than Lindt and it's organic too. Having said all that ..... if you're in Aus and I'm in the US, it could be different recipes for different countries and maybe Green & Black really is Black and Gold where you are, lol? OK, I'll shut up now
                I think you're right about the brand-name!

Comment

Bakers chocolate, unsweetened. I love the ingredient list 'Chocolate'. It's about half the price too. It was roughly .43 cents an ounce for bakers chocolate vs .78 cents for the Lindt's.

Comment

I like the Lindt 90% better... less bitter even though higher percentage.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaish View Post
                      Bakers chocolate, unsweetened. I love the ingredient list 'Chocolate'. It's about half the price too. It was roughly .43 cents an ounce for bakers chocolate vs .78 cents for the Lindt's.
                      I thought I was super cool for liking the 85% so I thought to myself "Self, you're so cool and totally awesome like a cave-woman, I bet you could even eat baking chocolate!" and so tonight I took a tiny nibble of bakers chocolate..let's just say your a bigger man than I. The taste was so bitter I had to rinse my mouth out and brush my teeth to get rid of the taste!

Also, the sugar content of the lindt is about 1.25 grams per square and I'm only eating a square a night so it's not a big deal, right? Lindt 85% was the lowest sugar content I could find that didn't have something called soya lechtins or something along those lines, it sounded like it didn't need to be in there
                      Last edited by ar0e; 08-11-2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

85% is my go to, and i do 70% if i want a treat. Not a fan of the taste of 90% and i havent even seen 98%

Comment

arOe, that little bit of sugar in the chocolate isn't going to be a problem, not in the quantities you're eating.

I don't find the bakers chocolate any more bitter than the 90% Lindt I used to eat, but it is a bit less creamy. Some of the other stuff they add to 'eating' chocolate must contribute to that.

Comment

Ditto. I was shopping for chocolate and was baffled at the "ktchen sink" ingredient lists on some of the junk. Since chocolate is by-law (iirc) required to be cocoa solids, cocoa butter, and optionally an emulsifier like lecithin, I stopped there.

Comment

arOe, that little bit of sugar in the chocolate isn't going to be a problem, not in the quantities you're eating.

I don't find the bakers chocolate any more bitter than the 90% Lindt I used to eat, but it is a bit less creamy. Some of the other stuff they add to 'eating' chocolate must contribute to that.
                              I'm going to have to try this. I've tried the 90% dark chocolate, but I always end up eating the whole bar in one sitting...and that's not good. So I've been avoiding all chocolate. Maybe I'll have better luck with the bakers chocolate.
                              "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

Comment

Working...
                              X