eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eggs

just wanted to make sure, eating 7-8 eggs a day is fine right? i need to get a pretty high amount of protein and beside meat and chicken breast eggs seems to be the easiest way to get protein.

Yep

Comment

I personally would probably want to mix it up a bit, but you will probably get bored with eating that many eggs every day after a bit.
      Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

Dr. Mike Eades tells the story of an elderly man in a nursing home who ate 2 dozen eggs daily. Sounds pretty boring, but if you buy the good ones -- pastured and organic -- they are an excellent source of quality protein. Amazingly tasty, too. I eat 2 almost every day, 5 per day maybe once a week (frittata for dinner).

Comment

Oy. I have to cycle out eggs for breakfast or I get really sick of them. More for you!

Reasons to avoid eggs: you have an allergy (obviously) or are doing an elimination protocol for autoimmune.

I'd also recommend either getting pastured eggs or ones that have been chowing down on Omega-3 fortified feed. Besides the superior taste (they really do taste better, though some people are more attuned to that shift than others), their nutrition profile is going to be better for someone eating primal/paleo.
          Steph
          My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Duck eggs! Even tastier than chicken eggs.
            "Wait! I'll fix it!"
            "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
            "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
              Duck eggs! Even tastier than chicken eggs.
              I would looooooooooooove to find some duck eggs! That is, without having to visit a local pond....
              Steph
              My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Eating 7-8 eggs a day is fine, especially if you find pastured eggs.
                I eat eggs for the fat and good stuff in the yolk though, not the protein.

One other thing.. chickens have breasts? Who knew!

Comment

I've been eating around 8 eggs a day.
                  LOVE eggs. They're my fav food so I'm not worried about getting sick of eating them any time soon
                  DD born August 2012
                  TTC #2
                  SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
                  CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
                  Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
                  Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

Comment

I would looooooooooooove to find some duck eggs! That is, without having to visit a local pond....
                    If you ever happen to be in San Diego on a week day, I can bring you some from my ducks They are pretty tasty!
                    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Comment

I eat about 5 eggs a day. Sometimes as much as 8.

I've been lucky enough to find someone that has free range, bug eating, natural, wonderful chickens that are grain free except in the middle of winter.

2 dollars a carton, I'll eat 'em all day.

Bonus: She has a few ducks, so every carton has a 2 or 3 duck eggs, yum!

Comment

Originally posted by lucyh View Post
                        If you ever happen to be in San Diego on a week day, I can bring you some from my ducks They are pretty tasty!
                        I would love that! I am rarely in SD on a weekday (I work M-F in Irvine), but if it happens I'll be on it like white on rice.

Thank you!
                        Steph
                        My Primal Meanderings

Comment

I buy 60 eggs a week, scrambled every morning with bacon, and I batch-boil them for readily available protein'y snacks!

Comment

We do not have pastured eggs in our area (cold climate), only 'free-run' eggs (free run means chickens go outside, but live in a barn, sounds like a mark up for nothing to me, they are still fed crap). The organic eggs are unaffordable ($6 a dozen), so this week the 'Omega 3' enriched eggs are on sale. What's better Omega 3 or Free-Run? I would buy Omega 3 this week anyway, since $3 a dozen is too tempting to miss, and probably better than the regural eggs. But on a normal week, Free Run >> Omega 3 or Omega 3>> Free Run?
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I will never get sick of eggs. I would eat them in a box...I would eat them with a fox.....fox is very tasty when properly cooked. :-)

Seriously, I typically eat 4 per day...but I often go for more, up to a dozen a day sometimes.
                              "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

Comment

Working...
                              X