Help! - any immediate remedies for servere PMS - cravings and mood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! - any immediate remedies for servere PMS - cravings and mood

Its only mid morning, and I've had my " 2 bacon 2 eggs " breakfast (I usually do best energy-wise with a very low carb breakfast), but all I want to do is eat everything weird and carby in my freezer and pantry and then go to bed! I've got a severe case of work avoidance and cravings and napping, and I really need to work and stay on plan! I feel overwhelmed, pessemistic, hungry and sleepy.

Is there anything I can do to help right now ? I'm in danger of spinning out of control most heinously!
    Last edited by camel; 08-09-2011, 10:58 AM.

Maybe you could try the Mood Cure questionnaire to see if you score high on any markers for being low in particular neurotransmitters:

The Mood Cure

Comment

Hi Camel....I feel your pain! AWOO! If you're near a health food store, see if you can get one of the homeopathic remedies for PMS. They work in about 10-15 minutes. You may want to try chamomile tea with a paleo-friendly sweetener to take the edge off. Grab a copy of Susun Weed's Menopausal Years the Wise Woman Way--she has a lot of good suggestions for PMS management. Blessings!

Comment

Magnesium
        Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

I have heard threads about this before, and what a lot of us find is we do sometimes up the carbs a little bit if feeling PMSy, but keep them primal. That is what tends to work for me.
          Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

Pig out on fat..(almond butter, coconut butter/oil, lard, bacon, olive oil,) Whatever works for you, then move on.
            After being Paleo/Primal for a few years, the "monthly munchies" have subsided a LOT, and I never have the bloat, lumpy breasts, and cramps like I used to. I am 38 and have 2 kids so this is not a "hormonal blip". As long as I abstain grains and processed food I am good..not to say I don't succumb to a potato chip and sour cream debauchery now and again!!
            Forgive yourself and move on with life!
            PS..eat some chocolate.

Comment

Thanks so much for all the advice! I'm off to consume camomile tea, magnesium and chocolate for the moment!

Comment

I know it isn't primal, but I swear by premsyn and have had several friend's husbands thank me. Velvet in a bottle. Though I haven't taken much since I went primal. hmmm
                My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

Just a thought

Could the bacon have some hormones? Pig is closest to humans in many of its hormones. I agree with fats, also I would also suggest progesterone oil (I get mine from Progesterone Cream Oil SPECIALTY Progestelle PRESERVATIVE FREE - Women's Therape) ...

and one day or two of coddling is not a bad thing. Take a woman's day and eat lots of fats, proteins and watch movies. Every once in a while I do this...
                  The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                  Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                  Pope John Paul II

Comment

Sex!

Comment

Originally posted by pyro13g View Post
                      sex!
                      lol+1!!

Comment

Originally posted by pyro13g View Post
                        Sex change!
                        fixored it for you. Damn, it is good being a man sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                          fixored it for you. Damn, it is good being a man sometimes.
                          I know it may have a yuck factor, but it works. My experience, 100% effective swapping hormones down there. 95%+ with a condom.
                          Last edited by pyro13g; 08-09-2011, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Giving up wheat helped a bit for me but also avoiding caffiene and soy products, especially around that time of the month... both are estrogenic and may increase the cramps.

Comment

Working...
                            X