Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use up 2 jars of macadamia butter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use up 2 jars of macadamia butter?

Other than eating it straight!

I adore the whole nuts and the oil, but the butter is bitter to me. Bought a second jar of a different brand because I thought it must be the brand. But they both taste the same. It's so tragic seeing them getting older in my fridge! What can I do with them?

.....send them to me? :P

or put it on toast? (JUST KIDDING)

Do they taste bitter because of added salt?

Comment

...send them to me?
      Height: 5'2"
      Starting weight: 180lbs
      Current weight 130lbs

Comment

hahaha we posted same thing at the same time!!! Primal minds think a like!!
        Height: 5'2"
        Starting weight: 180lbs
        Current weight 130lbs

Comment

roll them up with cocoa powder and stevia and whatever else those crazy butter ball hippies in the recipe section use

which reminds me, i for shure will be making some almond butter balls
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

Ha!
            Nope, there's nothing but 100 % macadamia nuts, and they're fresh jars.
            I thought they would taste like creamy goodness, but they taste blandly bitter to me. Not sweet like the whole nuts.

Comment

Make ice cream with them. My ice cream maker was one of the best investments ever!

1 pint heavy whipping cream
              1 can coconut milk
              5 eggs
              half a jar nut butter
              chopped dark chocolate % of your choice
              stevia to taste
              2 tablespoons vanilla extract
              3 tablespoons rum

That's all you need to know! I made almond butter ice cream with homemade chocolate (melt unsweetened baker's chocolate with butter, add stevia to taste, pour on wax paper and harden in the fridge) and it was effing awesome.
              Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Wow, that sounds good. I do have an ice creme maker! Yum

.?whole raw eggs?

Comment

From healthy chickens, raw eggs are extremely safe.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Agreed. Doesn't ice-cream usually call for just the yolks though? Just checking.

Comment

I made pesto with macadamia nuts the other day, it was good! I don't see why you couldn't use the butter. Just throw a couple spoonfuls in a blender with basil, garlic, salt and olive oil. I slathered it all over a chicken and roasted it.
                      My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Comment

Originally posted by camel View Post
                        Wow, that sounds good. I do have an ice creme maker! Yum

.?whole raw eggs?
                        Yes. Heat the coconut milk until right before it starts to simmer. Turn off the burner. Whisk 5 whole eggs together in a separate bowl. While whisking, SLOWLY pour the hot coconut milk into it. If you pour too fast, you'll find up with scrambled eggs. Pouring slowly while whisking vigorously will prevent this. After you have tempered the eggs with the hot coconut milk, add your two cups of heavy cream to cool it down. Store in the fridge overnight. After the mixture is completely cool, add your vanilla extract and rum and stevia to taste (I like to add half the stevia while hot to dissolve, but you can't really taste the stevia until the custard is cooled in the fridge. If you make it sweet to taste while it's hot, it'll be sickeningly sweet when cold.) Churn in the ice cream maker and towards the last 5-10 mins, spoon in your nut butter and add your chocolate chunks. So good.
                        Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by camel View Post
                          Agreed. Doesn't ice-cream usually call for just the yolks though? Just checking.
                          I can't detect much of a difference with or without egg whites. I leave the whites in because I want the protein. If anything, the egg whites make it fluffier. If you want it really dense and rich, omit the egg whites but I like it a little more on the airy side. There really is hardly a difference IMO.

Comment

Thanks ChocoTaco!
                            And Lucyh for the pesto idea too!

Comment

Working...
                            X