Disgusting Coconut Milk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgusting Coconut Milk?

So, last night I opened my first can of coconut milk and drank some straight because I've always been curious about the rest of ya'll who do that. It was from Trader Joe's and it was the "lite" stuff because that was the only type they have available at my TJ's.

This stuff is DISGUSTING!!! How in the world do ya'll keep drinking it the way you do? Is there some way to make it not so bitter or do I have to hunt down some new source of the full-fat version right away? Is there a big taste difference in the two kinds? Because right now I don't even want to look at the stuff again.

get the full fat kind...

and I don't drink it straight. I think that's a bit much for me.

This is what I do with it if I just want to drink it:

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2009/10/1...-drink-recipe/

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Ahah! That looks *much* better than what I was doing. Though I might cut out the sweetener and just add more vanilla.

THANK YOU!!!

Comment

you're welcome. Hope you like it. I think it's delicious.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

I love plain coconut milk (full-fat). When I cook with it I can't resist eating it by the spoonful while standing over the stove.

My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
          On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

I usually make a smoothie with it, or put it in soups etc! I can't drink it straight either.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
            -John Lennon

Comment

i can't stand raw c.milk either - a disgusting stuff indeed, though can be delicious when used to cook with

Comment

Some cans are okay. Some make me gag. Depends on the brand.

Comment

So any specific brand suggestions? I will say fresh coconut milk (from young coconuts) is great! Good luck finding that here in the states though

Comment

Wow I can drink that stuff by the can... it's delicious

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

kam,

I really like the Thai Kitchen brand. I use it in my coffee sometimes :-)

Comment

The only coconut milk I&#39;ve had was So Delicious brand:

http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/coconut_milk_beverage.html

Taste wise, I can drink a glass full of the unsweetened no problem. However, just like every other type of milk, it upsets my IBS. Must be something in the process of making milk.

Anyway, you may want to check it out.

Comment

Oh yeah, it&#39;s a great intestinal lubricator! So I limit myself...

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                          ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

For me and CM its a fine line between delicious and nauseating. It&#39;s bizarre. It tastes yummy, but I can only handle it in small doses... when I consume it in larger amounts I just baulk. =/

I feel the same way about coconut oil.

However, I adore fresh baby coconut. Especially the water inside it... that stuff is probably one of the most amazing things I&#39;ve ever tasted. It&#39;s like the nectar of life, lol.

I buy Ayam. It seems to be of pretty good quality. I&#39;m not sure if you have it where you live though:

http://www.ayam.com/coconut-quality.html

Comment

I always heat mine up on the stove. Add a little vanilla and then drink. I wouldn&#39;t dare try it cold, it has a different flavour when it&#39;s cold almost.

Though, So Delicious makes a coconut milk "drink" that is easier to tolerate cold. I think it&#39;s because it&#39;s so thin.

Comment

Working...
                              X