So I went to replenish my mason jars full of tallow today and looked inside to find this black, ash-like mold beginning to grow in the bottom of my 5-gallon tallow tub. I only bought the pail two months ago and have only opened it probably 4 or 5 times. This supply was supposed to last be through the winter. So my question is, is the whole supply bad? Are there any preventative measures I can take to remove the mold (I'm guessing its mold) where it is and salvage the rest?
Any advice is much appreciated.