Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate it! 5 pound weight gain in 4 days.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate it! 5 pound weight gain in 4 days.

So I have decided that I wanted to try eating grapes, oranges, and grapefruits.
    Well in 4 short days I have gained 5 pounds.
    I am starting the leptin reset and was wandering does anyone have any suggestions on carbohydrates?
    I don't want to go over 30grams and a can of spinach is only 15 should I just use 2 cans a day?

Originally posted by Captain Archer View Post
    So I have decided that I wanted to try eating grapes, oranges, and grapefruits.
    Well in 4 short days I have gained 5 pounds.
    I am starting the leptin reset and was wandering does anyone have any suggestions on carbohydrates?
    I don't want to go over 30grams and a can of spinach is only 15 should I just use 2 cans a day?
    Is there a reason you're going for canned instead of fresh? I stay under 30 g carbs most days and it's not hard. Just avoid fruit and starchy vegetables and you'll be fine. I eat lots of the leafy greens - romaine, kale, chard, even regular green leaf lettuce. It's pretty hard to overdo carbs when all you're eating are non-starchy veggies, meats, and fats.

Comment

It's just water weight. That's common when you go from lower to higher carb intakes

Comment

Originally posted by NDF View Post
        It's just water weight. That's common when you go from lower to higher carb intakes
        Unless of course you consumed 17,500 extra calories in those 4 days. Just water weight.
        Last edited by pyro13g; 08-04-2011, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Awe thanks So I can go from low carbohydrate to higher carbohydrate and gain water weight not real weight?
          With that being said it would be alright to continue eating this way or should I go back to the low carbohydrate?
          I am trying to lose body fat but not weight. I am currently standing at like 154 pounds and 19% body fat.
          When I malnourished my body through nuts I stood at 149 pounds and 17% body fat..... that will never happen again.

Comment

So now that I have reached my goal weight the best thing for me to do at this point is eat starchy vegetables such as sweet potatoes and work out to lose body fat?

Comment

the first thing carbohydrates do is pack on water

Dear Mark: Rapid Weight Loss | Mark's Daily Apple
              http://www.ajcn.org/content/56/1/292S.full.pdf
              Primal Chaos
              37yo 6'5"
              6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
              current 338lbs 49" waist
              goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

In my experience, after a couple days of higher carb intake, my body adjusts and sheds the water that was initally retained. YMMV

Forgive me for this observation, but it seems that you want spoon feeding, Captain Archer. Is there a reason that you find it difficult to read the book and other threads that have delved extensively into carb cycling, etc?
                42 yo female; 5'8"
                Oct 2009: 205 lbs
                Dec 2010: 167 lbs
                Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
                Goal weight: 145 lbs

Comment

Now so confused.. should I go to leptin reset or keep eating carbohydrates to fill my "stores"

Comment

Yea it's very difficult for me being a skinnyfat person and not really fat but not really toned.
                    I am 154 pounds and 19% body fat.
                    I shouldn't be higher than 13% body fat at 154 pounds...

Comment

So you went from eating nuts to eating fruit. Any reason you're not eating a well-rounded primal diet?
                      Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
                      Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
                      CW: 146.8 lbs
                      GW 140 lbs
                      A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Now so confused.. should I go to leptin reset or keep eating carbohydrates to fill my "stores"
                        Pick one and try it for a month. If you're not happy with the results, then try something else. No one here can tell you what you "should" do.

You would do well to lose the impatience and stop obsessing over your scale weight. Your body is in flux... stop torturing yourself by checking your weight/bf% all the time.
                        42 yo female; 5'8"
                        Oct 2009: 205 lbs
                        Dec 2010: 167 lbs
                        Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
                        Goal weight: 145 lbs

Comment

Odd as ... I swear down to 150 now on the scale.. should I just seriously throw it away... and eat around 1,500 calories high carbohydrates from primal food for a month?

Comment

So you went from eating nuts to eating fruit. Any reason you're not eating a well-rounded primal diet?
                            Would a well rounded primal diet be:
                            200grams carbohydrates
                            50grams fat
                            lbm protein
                            ?

Comment

If you aren't overweight, from what I understand, the only way to know if you are leptin resistant is with blood tests to check for specific thyroid (mal)function. I don't think anybody here can answer whether you are LR or not. Leptin reset won't hurt you by any means, but it may not be exactly what you need.

Comment

Working...
                              X