Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks, Paleo diet, I can no longer drink beer!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Paleo diet, I can no longer drink beer!

I've been on the Paleo/Primal diet for about 5 weeks now, pretty strict except for alcohol. The last few times I've tried to drink beer, though, I got sick to my stomach. Last night at a bar I could only finish half a bottle before starting to feel bad. This is an unexpected development, though not really unwelcome. I've known for years that I always feel bloated the next day after having a few beers. Always wanted to eliminate them. Now the diet has done it for me. So thanks Paleo!

Oh btw wine and tequila are still good!

Seriously this is a good thing. Just another of the little unexpected benefits of this diet and lifestyle

I don't miss beer at all, and I used to be a pretty big beer drinker, even homebrewed a bit.

I honestly don't even like it anymore, I just feel gross when I drink it.

Comment

if you've been avoiding gluten then that is probably the culprit

Comment

I'm gonna be a cheap date when I hit Daytona Beach in 2 weeks haha. I haven't really drank, beyond a glass or wine or two beers, in several months.

Comment

No beer or anything since 2007, and I don't miss it.

Comment

Brewing a new batch of brown, or maybe an amber next weekend.""You don't have to leave behind if you don't want, just be responsible.

I went about two weeks where I couldn't drink beer without feeling funny. That cleared up pretty quickly.
            My Fitday public journal.
            Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
            Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
            Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

Is there one beer that is better than others, primally speaking?
              7/4/11: 42-38-43
              8/3/11: 41-37-42
              11/27/11: 41-36-41
              Goal: 38-32-36

Comment

Not really. They're all wheat based.

There are a few gluten free ones out there, but I don't know much about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Eyed Chick View Post
                  Is there one beer that is better than others, primally speaking?
                  Yeah, any craft beer.
                  My Fitday public journal.
                  Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
                  Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
                  Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

Liqueur Flavoring Reference Table

Experiment with making your own?
                    You can make some pretty interesting ones with this.
                    Though most of them say add sugar... I say if it's a must to add sugar add honey or stevia..not sure how you spell that.

Comment

Originally posted by davem View Post
                      Yeah, any craft beer.
                      Why is craft beer any better? It's still full of gluten. I'd rather drink it than the mass produced garbage, sure.

A loaf of bread is still a problem, whether it's homemade or mass market.

Comment

Definitive Guide to Alcohol on a Low Carb Diet | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

We’re not talking specially colored labels or price tags here of course. We mean the biggest health benefit with the fewest carbs and additives. The pinnacle, not surprisingly, is red wine. Research has supported time and again the impressive polyphenol power of red wine.

Another bonus with red? Resveratrol – that super antioxidant, able to combat cancer and reduce signs of aging, among other feats.

Comment

Health Benefits of Resveratrol | Resveratrol Benefits

Comment

Well, that is discouraging. LOL
                              7/4/11: 42-38-43
                              8/3/11: 41-37-42
                              11/27/11: 41-36-41
                              Goal: 38-32-36

Comment

Working...
                              X