Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks, Paleo diet, I can no longer drink beer!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Good Gluten Free Beer

Originally posted by Blue Eyed Chick View Post
    Is there one beer that is better than others, primally speaking?
    Omission..check it out. Omission Beer - Drinking is Believing *

Comment

I used to drink a heavy IPA most days pre-primal, but now I just don't like it. I get a bit bloaty, but it's the aftertaste that grosses me out. Red wine, on the other hand...very drinkable. Although all alcoholic drinks seem more "fumey" or volatile now, and generally not as appealing.

Comment

If you make home brew beer, dont put any sugar in , the flavour or wort in the can has sugar in it and this still creates alcohol to the equivelant of a light to medium beer.
        Ana-Tane = (Cave Man)

Comment

Same with me...used to be a homebrewer and big craft beer afficianado, no more...bloated and feel awful after a heavy beer or two. The hard cider market is a good place to look for tasty alternatives.

Comment

Beer is pretty much the only source of gluten left in my diet but I've never had any noticable problems with it. I drink about 2/3 beers a day on average.

I recently heard Nora Gedgaudas claim even trace amounts of gluten should be avoided for good health, does anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Comment

I also used to home brew which directly resulted in me going from 200lbs to 245lbs within a year or so. I will still on occasion have some beer either Guinness or Pliny the Elder which is top 3 rated beer in the world . I get water retention from too much beer or wheat. I can have a beer or 2 with dinner or dessert with flour and be completely fine but once that threshold is crossed of to much of either I feel miserable from the water retention
              Last edited by paint94979; 08-17-2013, 09:46 AM.

Comment

More vodka please

Comment

Ditto I get the same response form beer - feel bloated and generally gross. Cognac on the other hand....
                  Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

For home brewers, look into an enzyme, I believe it is called clarity ferm. The purpose is to make the beer more clear by causing proteins settle out, but that means that it also removes most of the protein gluten. I will use it next time I brew. There is a brewery in the Denver area that makes gluten removed beer. Still carb heavy, but you avoid the gluten issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

I struggle with beer now as well, one or two and I'm bloated. Wish I had the same problem with wine, unfortunately that still goes down all too easy !

Back to the beer though, when I do drink it now I tend to keep with low carb varieties such as Michelob Ultra or for a higher alcohol content but with a few more carbs Bud Lite Platinum.

Comment

Yes I haven't been drinking beer ( didn't drink much before ), on the odd occasion I have it I get a slight histamine effect ( runny nose, sneezing ) - the occasional red wine is fine .

Maybe I try a tequila or other spirit and see what happens - though I have no intention of regularly drinking.

Comment

Working...
                        X