Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our local crossfit is promoting tofu as a primal/paleo food - thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I think they're trying to attract the vegan crowd to their gym.

Comment

That's weird, but I guess every box is different. Mine promotes paleo and would never promote tofu. actually they dont speak that much about nutrition, which is ideal.

Comment

Many of the people who have had great influence on crossfit and crosfitters (Rob Wolf, Rippetoe to name a few) are no longer affiliated with crossfit. Each case is different but it stems from crossfit evolving there philosophy on certain aspects of diet and exercise (whether good or bad, who am I to say? except I side with the ousted). The fact that you found MDA shows you don't follow the herd.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteLionBakingCo View Post
          We had no idea that Crossfit had such a bad reputation.
          I wouldn't say they have a bad reputation.

I think overall Crossfit is great, and it's so much better than your typical Globo Gym that it is not even close.

That being said, each box is different, the one I visited never even mentioned diet, whereas I have friends who are now 100% Paleo/Primal due to their experiences and knowledge gained at their box.
          "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
          - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Comment

I don't think Crossfit has a bad rep either. Some of their followers however.....
            People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

I was disappointed to find that this particular crossfit called were promoting 'paleo' and had a whole section on how to follow the paleo diet on their website complete with misleading and inaccurate information eg the quinoa and the tofu. They put greek yogurt in the 'cheat' category yet quinoa and tofu are regarded as paleo - tofu because of its high protein level. It would be great if all crossfits all followed the same dietary principles but I know its hard to regulate. Having said that, I have found that definitions of paleo or primal differ depending on who you ask. There's also wide variation on how strictly people follow the diets. Part of this I guess is the inconclusive research on things like butter, yogurt, nuts, saturated fat etc. I personally include grassfed butter, greek yogurt, low lactose cheeses like cheddar and saturated fat from grassfed meats in my family's diet.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I don't think I'd be listening to a weightlifter drone on about nutrition.

I pick things up and put them down.
                My Fitday public journal.
                Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
                Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
                Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

Just print the truth and post it up on the wall in the box.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                  X