How many days under 50g carbs??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pyro13g View Post
    I doubt you'll go into ketosis at 40-50g carbs.
    Actually, research shows that generally speaking, a person will stay in ketosis if they stay at 50 total carbs or under.
    Rebecca

Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

Click the banner below to visit my blog:

sigpic

Feb 2009 - 158 pounds - 43.6% body fat
    Aug 2013 - 138 pounds - 34.3% body fat
    So far, lost 19.8 pounds of body fat and gained 1.8 pounds of lean mass
    Goal - 136 pounds - 30% body fat
    Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass

Comment

If one does not eat enough protein from good sources (meat, eggs...), one will not get adequate amino acids and will surely die. If one does not eat fat from good sources (meat, eggs... coconuts, avocados, and tree nuts are good supplemental fats as well), one will also surely die. No if one does not eat carbohydrates... well... nothing. You don't need carbs at all, they are just a quick, cheap fuel. The body prefers saturated fat as fuel... look up how much ATP your body produces with 100g of saturated fat compared to 100g of glucose.
      "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

Comment

Been in and out of ketosis for oh, I guess at lest 3 yrs now.

Comment

Originally posted by joelwlcx View Post
          If one does not eat enough protein from good sources (meat, eggs...), one will not get adequate amino acids and will surely die. If one does not eat fat from good sources (meat, eggs... coconuts, avocados, and tree nuts are good supplemental fats as well), one will also surely die. No if one does not eat carbohydrates... well... nothing. You don't need carbs at all, they are just a quick, cheap fuel. The body prefers saturated fat as fuel... look up how much ATP your body produces with 100g of saturated fat compared to 100g of glucose.
          Yep.
          Rebecca

Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

Click the banner below to visit my blog:

sigpic

Feb 2009 - 158 pounds - 43.6% body fat
          Aug 2013 - 138 pounds - 34.3% body fat
          So far, lost 19.8 pounds of body fat and gained 1.8 pounds of lean mass
          Goal - 136 pounds - 30% body fat
          Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass

Comment

what defines a carb.

Can I please ask this group...what would you eat in a day in terms of veggies/fruits etc. that would amount to 50g of carbs? Thank you! People through around the word carbs and I'm not sure what they are talking about...if they are including vegetables in this or just potatoes or fruits or sweet potatoes...

thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by RSL View Post
              CW! Ha! I fart in your general direction! (with a French accent)

For my goals, it appears that I may always stay under 50 carbs.
              Don't be mean! Just because your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries...

Comment

Originally posted by amyb View Post
                Can I please ask this group...what would you eat in a day in terms of veggies/fruits etc. that would amount to 50g of carbs? Thank you! People through around the word carbs and I'm not sure what they are talking about...if they are including vegetables in this or just potatoes or fruits or sweet potatoes...

thoughts?
                Here are my thoughts: unless you have a good reason to target such an arbitrary number, I would rather focus on the amount of fermentable carbs I ingest during the day (the carbs that are fermented in your colon, not digested by you). These special carbs are of different kinds under the group of prebiotic carbs (resistant starches, some soluble fibers, etc). I would say if you can eat foods rich in those special carbs to the amount of ~30-40g / day from real foods, the overall amount of digestible carbs don't really matter.

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
                  Here are my thoughts: unless you have a good reason to target such an arbitrary number, I would rather focus on the amount of fermentable carbs I ingest during the day (the carbs that are fermented in your colon, not digested by you). These special carbs are of different kinds under the group of prebiotic carbs (resistant starches, some soluble fibers, etc). I would say if you can eat foods rich in those special carbs to the amount of ~30-40g / day from real foods, the overall amount of digestible carbs don't really matter.
                  Can you tell me what those special carbs are?

Comment

As many as you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                      As many as you want.
                      Not entirely helpful. I'm on the FODMAPS diet so no sweet potatoes and other starches for me unfortunately.

Comment

Everything, including veggies, are included in the carb count. An apple is about 25 g carbs. 3/4 cup berries is about 25 g carbs. A couple years ago I did a leptin reset protocol to stay under 50 g carbs. 1/2 cooked kale, 1/2 cup berries, and a bit of carrot and celery in chicken soup added up to 50 g.

50 is about the minimum carbs that you need to function. Some people can go lower, but most can't. If you have negative thoughts, brian fog, fatigue, or you hair falls out, that's a sign of too few carbs.
                        5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Oxide,
                          Why did you need Leptin reset?
                          I did under 50 for few months and now my BS is quite high.
                          About 105-115 in the mornings and stays at around 100 during the day.
                          Cortisol, I think
                          Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

I probably didn't really need the leptin reset. I only did a modified version of it to try to break my evening cravings for munchies. I certainly didn't get into all that T3/T4 tsh stuff, or buy into the Kruse religion.
                            5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Originally posted by amyb View Post
                              Can you tell me what those special carbs are?
                              FODMAP carbs :/

read http://freetheanimal.com/2014/06/ref...nt-starch.html

Comment

Ok, I will look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X