Fryups Every Morning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fryups Every Morning?

I just wanted to clarify this because it goes against everything I have been brought up to believe

Is it really okay to have fryups every morning? By fryup, I mean say bacon, eggs and mushrooms, or bacon sausage and egg, all fried in extra virgin olive oil.
    Leaving Work Behind - Building a Community with a Common Goal - To Create Sustainable and Scalable Online Incomes

Yes and no...if you are trying to lose weight, the calories in all of that might be a little over the top. Also needs to be organic etc to have good fat ratios. That being said, I eat 4 eggs each AM, and for a long time also had sausage and bacon too. Also fried it in bacon grease and or butter. I lost a lot on this breakfast a while back, and then my bacon habits and nut eating got a little out of control. BTW- Cholesterol is very low after several months of this breakfast.
    There is a calorie post by paleo bird that you should check out if it is weight loss you are concerned about. If it is just feeling good etc, then go for it.
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

Comment

Yes! A big protein breakfast helps curb hunger, but you want to avoid snacking and stick to good meals.
      WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Comment

No.

Never.

Never.

Never cook anything with extra virgin olive oil.

It goes against everything we were brought up to believe.

Just use the bacon grease, or some coconut butter or.....*GASP* BUTTER.

Comment

DarthFriendly is RIGHT! Forgot to note that in my post. Save all your bacon dripping--great for the fryups!
          WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
            No.

Never.

Never.

Never cook anything with extra virgin olive oil.

It goes against everything we were brought up to believe.

Just use the bacon grease, or some coconut butter or.....*GASP* BUTTER.
            +1

Wouldn't it taste much better this way?
            Lifting Journal

Comment

Mark's posts on this issue seem to be in contradiction to some of the statements I see in this post. Tomewer, you may want to read this:
              Defending Olive Oil’s Reputation | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

I wasn't basing it on heat-based degradation, just that to me olive oil on eggs and bacon would taste so awful that it smacks of sat-fat fear.
                Lifting Journal

Comment

Fry it in butter or bacon fat, not extra virgin olive oil. Keep the olive oil for cold uses; don't use it in cooking.

And yes, you can have that every morning.
                  Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Bacon and sausage are high in fat vs the amount of protein that you get from them. I would save those for treats rather than every day if you're trying to lose weight.
                    http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                      Bacon and sausage are high in fat vs the amount of protein that you get from them. I would save those for treats rather than every day if you're trying to lose weight.
                      What would you eat in it's place? Steak? Chicken? Just Eggs? Berries?

Comment

I'm not a breakfast guy, but I focus on getting plenty of protein in my meals. I eat a lot of fish, jerky, chicken, lean steak....I like eggs but I try not to over do them either. Eggs are great for protein but they do have quite a bit fat as well.

Comment

I'm not much into bacon but I would say the same thing about other meats that I do like. I like pork ribs, for example, and I eat them once in a while but I eat a lot more fish on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                            Bacon and sausage are high in fat vs the amount of protein that you get from them.
                            I agree with this to the extent that I find the protein rewards from bacon and sausage quite low when I'm running calcs on FitDay. But sometimes I need the fat - perhaps to make up for the steamed cod I have planned for dinner. (hey, I like steamed cod!!) It about balance over the day and over the week not meal by meal.

If getting to your goal protein grams is an issue, you should consider swapping the bacon/sausage for a small steak or pork chop.

In contrast, if your protein intake are high but you are struggling to meet the fat ratios then the sausage and bacon might be a delicious way to go.

If I remember correctly, losing weight isn't a major goal for you right now as you are a relatively fit, healthy, young man so the overall point of weight loss is moot. (apologizes if my memory is wrong on this). And (if my memory serves and Alzheimer's hasn't started early ) the numbers you've posted to date indicate that you do need to consider increasing your fat intake. (I hate working from memory - can you tell?) I think you posted total grams of fat rather than as a percent of the total and I really can't do math in my head to get to a percentage so I could be completely wrong about your numbers.

Regarding cooking in oil or butter - IMHO, fried eggs should be cooked in quality butter or animal fat (bacon grease, duck fat) for the flavor.

(anyone with duck fat in their frig should be inviting me over for dinner)
                            My primal journal that I don't update enough:
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

Comment

I wouldn't eat sausage and bacon every day, either. They tend to have additives and such that aren't great for you. Plus pork is high in omega 6. I do love them and have them sometimes, though. For my daily breakfast, I have cooked ground beef. Once or twice a week, I saute up a bunch with whatever veg I have that needs cooking. Season it well. Then I reheat it in a skillet in the morning and toss in a few eggs. Very quick and full of protein. I typically will use coconut oil or butter from pastured cows to cook it in.

Comment

Working...
                              X