Eating Primal on tour is impossible!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating Primal on tour is impossible!

its soooooo hard to not eat pizza, burgers or anything like that on tour....i like crave it.....maybe its because i burn alot of calories playing drums? i dunno...i need support...i dont want to give up on this lifestyle.....thoughts?
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

Here is a recent post where Mark addresses eating Primal on the go: How to Eat Healthy on the Road | Mark's Daily Apple

Hopefully you can apply some of these tips.

Comment

Are you craving wheat, sugar, carbs? Of course you must have considered removing the burger bun, eating the topping off the pizza and so on, right? If you really need carbs, fries wouldn't be so bad EXCEPT for the PUFAs they are cooked in. Sorry if I'm not helping much! That's all I can think of right now.

Comment

that was alot of help dude thank you......i do want to eat toppings and remove buns and stuff but its hard. i feel like im wasting and ill just be hungry again immediatly
        Big brains discuss ideas
        -Eleanore Roosevelt

Comment

hey dude i just watched the there will be violence video on youtube. i dig the drum beat on the first chorus pretty sweet.

as for your question id say just do the best you can, you know. try eating the burgers without the bun or just the toppings off the pizza. as for cravings, they pretty much go away after awhile, its just you got to give it time, which id imagine is hard on the road. so again id say just do the best you can and try to make the healthiest choices that you can and then when you guys get done touring you should be able to continue a lot easier
          Primal Chaos
          37yo 6'5"
          6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
          current 338lbs 49" waist
          goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Dude, it is not impossible. It will be harder than doing it at home obviously, but it's not impossible.
            If the temptations are too strong, you might need to assess what situations make you crave non-Primal things.

One thing that I do when on the road for work is find a grocery store and buy a chicken. I then eat the whole chicken. I get tired of chicken really fast, but it keeps me from eating things that I am tempted to eat and know I shouldn't. Sometimes, depending on the store, you could also get a meatloaf or a whole turkey breast. Eat the whole thing, you won't be hungry. Also, getting a pizza with "everything" and only eating the cheese/toppings should get you pretty full.

And, I have to mention this (going back to my days when I was in bands) if there is weed involved, you are fucked. Can't stop the munchies.
            People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Yeah, it's going to be hard. But it's going to be a lot easier the longer you can hang in there. After a while, you just don't have the cravings for the crap, assuming you can keep away from it in the beginning.

I'm not on the road, but I don't have an office job. I'm stuck with whatever I can fit in the cooler on the seat of my work truck, so I eat out a lot too. After a while, your body will tell you when the things that seem fairly healthy... aren't. Until then, you have to just tough it out and trust that it will get better. Wish there was an easier way, but...
              Durp.

Comment

Tell them to put a whole cow in your rider!

When I first started and was worried about not getting enough calories, I generally ordered double of what I would have normally ordered (two burgers instead of one), stripped off the buns, and went to town.
                Steph
                My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Portable grill that uses 1 pound propane tanks. Any grocery with meat. Maybe the hard part is seeing your band mates eat it. And, you should probably keep your carbs up a bit, your choice how you do it. Try to keep it primal and maybe get yourself some Endurox R4 or AMP endurance booster to spike your water while you're playing. A little before you start, during as you get thirsty, and a nice chug right after. As a former guitar player that switched to drums out of boredom, you don't want your arms and legs running out of fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by btownshreds View Post
                    its soooooo hard to not eat pizza, burgers or anything like that on tour....i like crave it.....maybe its because i burn alot of calories playing drums? i dunno...i need support...i dont want to give up on this lifestyle.....thoughts?
                    Damn... Good band, bro.
                    I hear some Swedish influence in vocals and some NYDM in the rest of the instruments.

A+...
                    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                    ChooseMyPlate

Comment

Originally posted by keithpowers View Post
                      Damn... Good band, bro.
                      I hear some Swedish influence in vocals and some NYDM in the rest of the instruments.

A+...
                      thanks a ton dude!
                      Big brains discuss ideas
                      -Eleanore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                        Here is a recent post where Mark addresses eating Primal on the go: How to Eat Heallthy on the Road | Mark's Daily Apple

Hopefully you can apply some of these tips.
                        That was helpful but I'm on drives for.more than.5 hours at a time and can't stop everytime my ice melts lol
                        Big brains discuss ideas
                        -Eleanore Roosevelt

Comment

I actually find it easier to adhere to primal eating methods while out and about than while at home. I was in Seattle for 4 days, ate a ton of fish, sent back brea, all that, you just have to commit. Lacking energy from playing hard? Fats. Hell, try some pemmican - made that recently, easy to make, looks like it's stable forever, and a half ounce of it does a ton for you.

If you're on the fence about really making a change, then yeah, it's going to be tough. I like to think back to a kitschy ass sign I saw once - Willpower is a muscle.

Like someone already mentioned, hit the markets, get a small grill, take control of your eating and your future. Done and done. Don't compromise your self.
                          My Fitday public journal.
                          Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
                          Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
                          Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

Originally posted by btownshreds View Post
                            That was helpful but I'm on drives for.more than.5 hours at a time and can't stop everytime my ice melts lol
                            Consider getting a cooler. My little cooler will last about 8-10 hours with ice before I should think about refreshing it.
                            My Fitday public journal.
                            Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
                            Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
                            Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

+ Buy a cooler.
                              + Put water in 2-liter soda bottles or milk jugs and freeze it. This way it won't melt all over and you can keep all your food in the cooler. A gallon of ice will keep everything cool for a couple days with no problem.
                              + Protein powder containers are even better, because the wide mouth means you can fill them with ice cubes from the motel or supermarket if you don't have access to a freezer overnight.

+ Buy a small electric skillet, a silicone spatula, and ***IMPORTANT*** plastic silverware. Try and get the nice stuff from a camping store so that the knife actually cuts.
                              + Cook bacon and eggs for breakfast, or eat last night's dinner leftovers.
                              + Cook anything you want for dinner before the gig. Try to buy meat and veggies that don't require chopping, or you'll need to have a knife and small cutting board too.
                              + Eat right out of the skillet...this is why you have the plastic silverware!
                              + Skip lunch or eat leftovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X