Dairy and acne

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dairy and acne

I've battled with acne for the last 15 years or so, and I've spent a fortune on cosmetic products that promises glowing spot free skin, but nothing has really helped.

I did some google'ing the other day and came across Home
    It does seem quite plausible that dairy might cause or worsen acne so I'm going to try and give it up completely. It will probably be hard seeing as I'm addicted to sugar and turn to food for comfort, but I will give it my best shot.

Anyway I just wanted to share this with all you other acne sufferers out there. I hope it may be of some help.
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

I forgot to mention that the last month I've been having dairy every day, and my acne is actually worse than usual ... Goodbye lovely homemade kefir ... I will miss you deeply.
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Comment

My husband notices a big correlation between dairy and his acne. (He has struggled with acne since his teen years, in his mid 30s now.) He hasn't given it up totally, but general avoidance does clear up his skin quite a bit.

I personally feel best 100% dairy free (although never dealt with acne.) Just wanted to share that! Good luck and keep us posted on how it works for you!
      My Before/After Pics
      Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Originally posted by FairyRae View Post
        My husband notices a big correlation between dairy and his acne. (He has struggled with acne since his teen years, in his mid 30s now.) He hasn't given it up totally, but general avoidance does clear up his skin quite a bit.

I personally feel best 100% dairy free (although never dealt with acne.) Just wanted to share that! Good luck and keep us posted on how it works for you!
        Thanks, will do.

I do love dairy, but one can always use coconut milk instead so it shouldn't be too hard to give up(I hope).
        Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Comment

Four ways milk causes acne.
          Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Comment

I'll take milk/kefir/cheese over not having acne anyday.
            "Carbs are the victim, not the crime" - ChocoTaco

Comment

Originally posted by highaerials36 View Post
              I'll take milk/kefir/cheese over not having acne anyday.
              I would rather not have acne, but each to their own.
              Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Comment

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30737.html

Comment

I have a correlation between dairy and acne only when wheat is in the mix.

Comment

i totally get acne from dairy. it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Melody View Post
                      i totally get acne from dairy. it sucks.
                      Me too, it really does suck.
                      Last edited by Danigrok; 07-17-2011, 08:48 PM.
                      ~Danielle~

Comment

Half a century ago, when I was a teen, I had fairly severe acne. I was a health nut then---very athletic and very serious about eating well. I didn't drink the cokes that my friends drank. I had milk. I didn't eat candy as they did; I ate healthy cheese. After years of treatment with infra-red, sun lamps, retinol, dermabrasion I just gave up. When I stopped the milk and drank soda and stopped the cheese and had chocolate sometimes, my acne cleared up. Experimentation proved a definite correlation between acne and dairy.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
                        Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

My son gets acne from dairy. Clearly related.

Pea

Comment

Dairy started giving me acne a few years ago; it was the first small step toward the total intolerance I have today. Very sad.

Comment

Dairy and sugar definitely cause acne and other skin conditions- at least for me. When I eat too much fruit I tend to get a little bit worse but cane sugar is very bad. I find cleansing with oil using the oil cleansing method seems to help keep my skin beautiful. Sadly it doesn't stop the dairy or sugar from causing spots once I indulge too much. If your prone to acne or other types of inflammation in your skin dairy, sugar and even nuts can make it worse.
                              http://paleochickcooks@blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X