Buckwheat, have any opinions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckwheat, have any opinions?

So, I really dig buckwheat for traditional crepes, but I'm curious, as it's a seed... any caveats I should keep in mind from it? I've been missing crepes and pancakes, since finding I'm relatively grain intolerant.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't care and would indulge occasionally, but I'm trying to lose weight and wanting to stick with that.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

If you want to continue losing weight I would suggest against it. I know buckwheat technically is not a grain but its still very close nutritionally.

Comment

There are a bzillion and one primal crepe recipes on blogs online that look quite good

Comment

Jurors - fair enough, how is it similar?

Sjmc- they are clever rePresentations of crepes, but that's like drinking barley tea when you want beer.
        My Fitday public journal.
        Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
        Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
        Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

The primal crepes might have some of the same problems as unfermented/soured grains because of the toxins. You might be better of getting some white rice flour if you aren't going to go through the process of souring. If weight loss was my goal I probably would limit the flour though.
          "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

Comment

Check out Chris Kresser at The Healthy Skeptic. He talks about buckwheat. It's not related to wheat (at all). Fermenting it is recommended, though.

I have thought of trying out soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles).

Comment

Working...
            X