Weight loss clarity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight loss clarity

I don’t talk with many other people who IF, but the ones that I do communicate with seem to all say the same thing. That is that all of the ancillary things about weight loss that used to seem so important appear silly. Leptin? Leaky gut? Ratios? Food diaries? Enough coconut oil? Too much coconut oil? Am I eating enough?(classic) Not enough eggs? Too many eggs? Etc., ad nauseam.
    Here’s an example. This morning someone brought in Krispy Kreme. I was in the kitchen getting coffee when a very nice, but very obese, woman picked-up one of the donuts. As she was eating it she was saying how glad she was that someone had brought them because she had missed breakfast and “needed something for energy for the morning”. She’s fat. Her body has energy already stored that it needs to use before she adds more. Period. If a person is fat they need to create and maintain a caloric deficit over time. Period. Everything else is window dressing. As someone who has been involved with health/fitness/athletics/ for over 20 years, I used to think it was productive to run down all these rabbit holes. It’s not. Move more. Eat less and less often. You cannot, not lose weight if you maintain a caloric deficit. If you are gaining weight (or not losing) your body is not running a caloric deficit. It is that simple. (It should be a given that when one does eat, one should always strive to consume healthy foods.)

unfortunately it isnt always that simple...
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

and for clarity

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

OMG, calorie theory...AGAIN!?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gager View Post
            I don't lose with a calorie deficit.
            Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gager View Post
              Actually it is. Simple does not equal easy though. Many people will read the post and say “duh, of course you need a caloric deficit, but…”. That’s the problem. People focus on what comes after “but”. Don’t do that and it gets really simple. Create and maintain a caloric deficit. The simplest way to do this is to eat less and less often, and move more. You’ll be amazed at how all the stuff after “but” becomes trivial.

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                I don't lose with a calorie deficit.
                That is a not true. Sorry. It is just not true.

Comment

Calorie theory is for simpletons.

Comment

Originally posted by dboxing View Post
                    That is a not true. Sorry. It is just not true.
                    It's true for me. WTF dude? According to "expert" shit I need to eat 2100 calories a day to lose 1.5lbs of fat per week. I eat 1.5 times that (between 3,000 and 3,500/day) and I lose fat. The only fucking thing I lose on 2100 calories is friends cuz I am fucking irritated asshole all the god damned time.
                    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

What the fat woman would probably do if she "maintained a caloric deficit" is (a) become less active or (b) burn her muscles and organs (and possibly even the protein in her bone matrix) for fuel or (c) turn ravenously hungry and eat her way through the whole doughnut shop or (d) all of the above.

She doesn't need "a caloric deficit": she needs to stop releasing so much insulin, so that she's not locking up energy in storage. Primal Blueprint 101. Not 201. 101.

Comment

Originally posted by dboxing View Post
                        I was in the kitchen getting coffee when a very nice, but very obese, woman picked-up one of the donuts.
                        LOL, what's with the "very nice, but very obese"? That's like saying, "very nice, but very black." Doesn't make sense to me.

As for the caloric deficit thing, I wish it were that simple. Losing weight can be very fickle for some of us. What works one month for me is bound not to work the next month. If it was just about maintaining a calorie deficit, I would have been thin years ago.
                        I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by IcarianVX View Post
                          It's true for me. WTF dude? According to "expert" shit I need to eat 2100 calories a day to lose 1.5lbs of fat per week. I eat 1.5 times that (between 3,000 and 3,500/day) and I lose fat. The only fucking thing I lose on 2100 calories is friends cuz I am fucking irritated asshole all the god damned time.
                          You are losing because your body is in a caloric deficit. Your body is expending more energy than it takes in. If your body were expending less energy than it takes in you could not lose weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                            What the fat woman would probably do if she "maintained a caloric deficit" is (a) become less active or (b) burn her muscles and organs (and possibly even the protein in her bone matrix) for fuel or (c) turn ravenously hungry and eat her way through the whole doughnut shop or (d) all of the above.

She doesn't need "a caloric deficit": she needs to stop releasing so much insulin, so that she's not locking up energy in storage. Primal Blueprint 101. Not 201. 101.
                            I guess you missed the part about when one does eat they should eat healthy. If a person is losing on PB it is because they are expending more energy than they are taking in.

Comment

wait my bad i forgot what you want from thsi conversation

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Working...
                              X