juicing thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• juicing thoughts

i used to juice alot and i found i had great energy levels and needed less sleep..i want to go back but id rather stick to 3-4 times a week..i was also thinking maybe id do it only on training days..post workout basically use either a carrot or beet as my sugar base and add in some kind of green veggie for a nice nutrient variety and then maybe some cucumber or zucchini for a nice chlorphyl and electrolyte boost...anyone do this?

Never have tried it but please post results.

Comment

When I was doing a green juice fast, I would use

1-2 heads of romaine lettuce
      1 head of celery
      1-2 cucumbers
      1 bunch parsley
      1 bunch cilantro

It was very green and lasted me all day.
      I've tried mixing sweet with savory, but it made me sick every time. I can't even put bell pepper in the juice. Sweet and savory juices have to stay seperate on my tongue.

Comment

I have a Jack La Laine juicer that is not seeing much action these days. I used to do big batches of carrot/beet/ginger juice but thats too carby for me now. I still do a green blend once in a while.

Anybody want to buy a juicer?

Comment

I have been doing a modified juice fast for 5 days now, this is day 6. I'm using my Champion juicer to make various red and green juices, one big batch a day, then adding coconut milk in coffee, and an avocado for lunch and supper, as added healthy fats. It has been awesome - I'm down 5 lbs in 5 days (though about half of that is post weekend bloat weight that would have come off anyways, 2.5 lbs in 5 days is still pretty stinkin' awesome!) And my energy level is high, I feel great, I'm losing inches.

I did one 5.5 mile walk and a whole lot of heavy dirt moving and wheelbarrowing during the juice fast. I haven't tried running, a bit worried about bonking out, even at only 2 or 3 miles. But for the heavy work, I had lots of energy and the juice and avocado "lunch" afterwards was plenty to rejuvenate me.

Comment

yeah marthat i did a 5 day juice fast as well when i was healing my intestinal inflammation i felt great considering the problemo...hmm i suppose ill have to just give it a shot and see what happens lol

Comment

When we were juicing every day, we both had our 'recipes'. I liked carrots with some celery, and granny smith apple. He liked carrot with beets, beet greens, sweet apples, celery, tomatoes, and anything else he could think of. His tasted like dirt to me, but mine was so refreshing. Each to their own!

Comment

I prefer smoothies, because that way the whole food stays in the drink and you get the fiber and proteins of the plant. You can also add eggs and avocados and other yummy fat filled things.

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

I think it sounds fine in the context you're mentioning, just make sure to have some fat close to the time you're drinking the juice or you won't be able to absorb the fat-soluble vitamins.

Comment

@PaleoBird how much? I have been wanting to get one
                    Last edited by Stevoreo; 07-13-2011, 01:09 PM.

Comment

i was thinking of just eating a tsp of coconut oil right after the juice for an extra kick that should take care of any fat soluble vitamins

Comment

Originally posted by Stevoreo View Post
                        @PaleoBird how much? I have been wanting to get one
                        Well that would depend on where you are. Shipping would cost a bundle. Beyond that, I don't care if I get much money back from it or not. It is just taking up space on my counter. Just enough to compensate me for packing it up and getting it to the post office instead of giving it to the Goodwill. But seriously, it's a really well made machine and I never really put that many miles on it so it's almost like new.

Name your price.

Comment

I am in NY, figures that you would be all the way across the country, lol.C'mon, you have to give me an idea. If you were going to give it to Goodwill then I have no idea what to offer

Comment

and really have no idea what shipping costs would be

Comment

Well, I just checked the website and it retailed for $150 (It's the top of the line one that can make nut milk and stuff too). I'm not sure about shipping costs either but that sucker is heavy. And you are all the way over there. You probably would be better off just getting a new one. If you were just in LA or something it might be worth it.

Sorry for the thread hijack tatlover.

Comment

Working...
                              X