Help! Only option is pizza tomorrow night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Only option is pizza tomorrow night

I am going over to a friend's house tomorrow night for dinner and he said they are only having pizza. What can I do? Would it be rude to bring a salad and just eat that? I know one piece of pizza won't kill me but the thought of eating gross fast food pizza make me sick. Is there something I could take before hand that would not make it so bad nutritionally?

It is not rude to bring a salad as long as you bring enough for everyone.
    ~Blog~

Comment

Eat a quality meal sometime before you leave and don't eat anything there? Why are you required to eat food when you're at their house?

Comment

I don't know I guess because it's a dinner? I hate it, I could easily not eat but know I will be singled out if I don't

Comment

Eat a high quality (primal) meal before you go and the fast while at there house. Its not rude, give a Primal talk while they are eating crap

Comment

Bring an awesome salad for everyone and abstain from the pizza. It would be too awkward to not eat at all.

Comment

I would never feel obligated to eat garbage food. I'd suggest the previously mentioned option of bringing a lot of salad or just not eating. You can still hang out have a good time without eating pizza.

Yes, you'll likely get jabs from people about not joining in with them and enjoying their poor choices together, but this is a common social issue. Just like if you hang out at a friends house when everyone is drinking, they generally feel offended if you aren't because the presumption is that you must think you're better than them or something. I don't know why people get so defensive about a friend of theirs choosing healthier lifestyle choices, though.

Comment

If you've no qualms about lying, you could always go with "hey I just found out I'm gluten-intolerant / celiac."
                Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

Don't eat the pizza.

Comment

Thanks! Great suggestions. I think I'll bring a big salad and try to not be too obvious about avoiding pizza

Comment

Don't eat the pizza, make a large Meatza to take and share with everyone.

Comment

I'm completely new to primal/paleo stuff, and I'm not even sure if I'm going to really commit fully to it as much as incorporate more of it into my diet.

As a guy who occasionally does have a party with pizza, I'd be in no way offended if someone brought a salad to share, and probably listen with interest if he described his diet.

And anyway, if your friend is offended because you don't want to eat the pizza he got, or brought your own salad because you've decided to try to make your life healthier, that's kinda a shitty friend.

Comment

Bring the big ass salad.
                          Eat the big ass salad.
                          Don't comment on the food they are eating; its rude and annoying.
                          If anyone asks why you're not eating the pizza you answer their questions then. "I don't eat grains" Why? etc etc etc

The problem I see as part of the paleo/primal gang is that most of us are pretty cocky about it. That turns people off while you are making your explanation and then just think your an asshole.

I won't actually answer questions; i refer people to this website and the robbwolf website. They can read it. I don't have to answer questions. The end.

I will tell them how great I feel.

Comment

The above suggestions are a thousend times better than what I will tell you here. But in the case you still feel the urge to eat pizza, as requested, some damage control. Because I for one wouldn't always be able (nor do I want to be able) to resist this social temptation. (taken from 4 hour body by Tim Ferris)

1) Make sure your first meal of the day is high in protein.
                            2) Small amount of grapefruit (juice) before the meal.
                            3) Small amount of lemon/lime juice before the meal.
                            4) 100-200mg of caffeine before the meal
                            5) 1-2minutes of air squats and wall presses shortly before and after the meal.

Comment

Jenn, Good idea bringing a salad. I actually have celiac disease and all our friends our aware so not a big problem anymore. But if you do not want to "lie" about it, just say that eating wheat makes you sick :-) as you stated in your post "the thought of eating gross fast food pizza make me sick". You can also do the little kid thing and just eat the toppings!

Comment

Working...
                              X