Wisdom tooth pulled... soft diet...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisdom tooth pulled... soft diet...

I'm supposed to only eat soft foods for 3-4 days, and nothing that requires a lot of chewing. Of course, the surgeon says things like mashed potatoes, smoothies, milkshakes. Any primal suggestions? Just eggs without any crumbled bacon or green peppers or ... ?

No steak, no bacon, no salads! Steamed cauliflower, maybe?
    6f4i, 40 years old, 85" wingspan, "big build"

Feb 28 2011: 326 lbs (start date)
    Mar 28 2011: 299 lbs
    Apr 30 2011: 285 lbs
    May 31 2011: 274 lbs
    Jun 30 2011: 262 lbs
    Jul 31 2011: 252 lbs
    Sep 30 2011: 241 lbs
    Nov 30 2011: 238 lbs

Goal: 220 lbs

Whey protein shakes, bone broth... coconut milk.... that's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck!

Comment

Scrambled eggs with creamy cheeses, any root veggie can be served mashed like potatoes with loads of butter. lots of veggies can be pureed into creamy soups. smoothies with greens, whey and/or nut butters. AVOID STRAWS!!! (seriously, dry socket is not fun)

Comment

Just in case... Hopefully your surgeon told you not to suck or use a straw. Saw about the milkshake and worried... It can cause the scab to get pulled out and expose the nerve ("dry socket").
        “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
        Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

Looking back on it, I had to get all 4 of mine extracted at the same time. I had to be knocked out and everything because they were all impacted and had to be cut out rather than pulled. I ended up eating egg rolls (wasn't primal at the time obviously) by the second day. I guess it wasn't that smart, but I ended up so hungry only eating small amounts of applesauce and eggs on the first day that I gave up.

I just sorta chewed with the front.

I'm not advising you try, just saying that's what I did.

Comment

Pate--though I'm not sure what you could eat it on. Of course, I could eat it with a spoon.

Maybe make some baked eggs and put Pate in them. I love baked eggs. I melt butter in a ramekin, add two eggs (whole), top with cream, salt and pepper. Bake in an oven for 450 for 10 or so minutes. The original Julia Childs recipe had a layer of pate or smoked salmon, although I just like garlic chives in mine.

Comment

Ooh, I don't have a recipe, but I just realized that a crustless quiche would be really good!
              Durp.

Comment

I got all four done at once a few years back.
                Convert anything you want to eat into soup in a food processor. Flush your mouth with salt water a couple of times a day.

If you cant wait to go back on solids, learn to chew with your incisors and cut your steak small.

Comment

Green smoothies will be friendly to you.

Comment

When I hate a tooth extracted recently it was bone broths and green smoothies for me. Avocados worked nicely as well.
                    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Right now I'm surviving on eggs... didn't eat last night (too much swelling and achy-ness), but eggs and ibuprofen for breakfast... mmmm....
                      6f4i, 40 years old, 85" wingspan, "big build"

Feb 28 2011: 326 lbs (start date)
                      Mar 28 2011: 299 lbs
                      Apr 30 2011: 285 lbs
                      May 31 2011: 274 lbs
                      Jun 30 2011: 262 lbs
                      Jul 31 2011: 252 lbs
                      Sep 30 2011: 241 lbs
                      Nov 30 2011: 238 lbs

Goal: 220 lbs

Comment

Having to get wisdom teeth removed is a reminder that humans are still evolving and that once we used them, had plenty of room in our wider jaws, but centuries of starch is ruining our dental structures. Weston Price found this back in the 20-30s going to tribal peoples and finding they didn't have any of our wisdom tooth problems, or the crowding of teeth so common in the west requiring braces, etc.

Frozen protein shakes with coconut milk, eat with a spoon. Mashed root veggies with loads of butter. soft fruit
                        WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Comment

Bottom 2 were removed 17 years ago and I was eating steak 2 days after using my entire jaw to chew. Never had any problems with it either. I was also knocked out for it. Straws are definitely a no-no.
                          Georgette

Comment

I always wanted cold things, so you might make yourself some frozen yogurt or coconut milk ice cream. Also, there are some great coconut milk puddings (I love an apple cooked in coconut milk and then blended together until smooth with some cinnamon!). Also, in addition to what others are saying, I think the no-atmeal Mark has up here could be good as a later stage meal. I had all four done at once, but with just one you'll probably bounce back pretty quickly.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                            X