Starting 100% today...question about eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting 100% today...question about eggs

So, I'm starting 100% today on the plan! My problem is going to be breakfast. I am lactose intolerant and I think I might be allergic to eggs. After I eat eggs I usually get a sick stomach/head not quite a headache, but more of a flu feeling. Any suggestions?

~Smoothie with fruit and whey protein (if you can tolerate whey)
    ~Leftovers from dinner the night before
    ~Turkey and avocado roll ups
    Jaime, wife to Phaedrus and primal mama to A (4) and X (1).

Comment

I love, love, love bone broth for breakfast. Today, I had avocado with sauteed spinach. Really, you can have anything. Don't limit yourself to CW of "breakfast food". Sometimes, too, I find a few teaspoons of coconut oil will keep me till lunch. Good luck!
      www.ohcrappottytraining.com
      This isn't what I wanted to be when I grew up; a potty trainer.
      I wanted to be a pirate. Well. You know how that goes.

Comment

+1 for the coconut oil

Comment

My pet theory on lactose intolerance is that it is usually something else, like an inflamed gut due to the standard gluten filled diet.

When your gut is inflamed, it doesn't work right. Problems with digesting milk/dairy products are one of the first things you notice, but that doesn't mean it's because of milk products.

Try grain free Primal for a week or too and try eggs again. You might be fine.

I don't agree with whey protein unless someone is very active and isn't avoiding carbs as much.

Comment

Steak. It's what's for breakfast.

Comment

You don't need eggs for breakfast - it's time to think outside the box.

Steak (either fresh grilled or leftovers) with fresh tomatoes chopped up with half an avocado on lettuce and tossed with lemon - maybe some grilled peppers too?

Fresh cantaloupe, blackberries and a couple slices of proscuitto

Steamed Salmon, asparagus and fresh strawberries

Leftovers - plan to make an extra dish to reheat or eat cold. You'll be surprised with want sounds good once you start thinking about it.
              My primal journal that I don't update enough:
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

Comment

Originally posted by girlarchitect View Post
                You don't need eggs for breakfast - it's time to think outside the box.

Steak (either fresh grilled or leftovers) with fresh tomatoes chopped up with half an avocado on lettuce and tossed with lemon - maybe some grilled peppers too?

Fresh cantaloupe, blackberries and a couple slices of proscuitto

Steamed Salmon, asparagus and fresh strawberries

Leftovers - plan to make an extra dish to reheat or eat cold. You'll be surprised with want sounds good once you start thinking about it.
                The fruit and proscuitoo sounds REALLY good, i could eat that for bk. So the cured meat's alright?

Comment

You gotta eat through it, eventually you will tolerate eggs just fine, your mind has to adapt.

Comment

Coffee and good old whole cream
                    Last month when I started this I was amazed how satisfied I would be with real cream in my coffee. Makes me happy just thinking about it.

Comment

I would cut out eggs for a month, then reintroduce well cooked yolks only - more often than not it's the whites that cause problems, especially undercooked whites, and poaching doesn't always deactivate the problematic part of the white. If you can tolerate well cooked yolks, try them runny, then if that's OK, try whole eggs baked solid, then finally normal poached egg again. I tell you, 8 scrambled egg yolks with a large lump of butter, some salt and black pepper is as close to perfection as you're going to get.
                      My primal journal
                      You might find these handy: Free gluten free restaurant cards in 50+ languages
                      In Praise of the Primal Lifestyle

Comment

I personally like to fry up some onions and peppers with ground beef, seasoned with garlic powder, curry powder, cumin and as much red pepper as you need to satisfy the little demon in you that loves to make you eat spicy food. Good breakFEAST just on it's own. Or I skip breakfast, since I'm not hungry most mornings.
                        "You don't have forever to change yourself."
                        Stefan Molyneux
                        Freedomain Radio

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
                        Mark Twain

Comment

I think I've seen 5 threads on this topic this week T_T Please use the search feature ;-P

• Chicken porridge (basically chicken noodle soup without the noodles: chicken broth, chicken, minced carrots, onions, celery)
                          • Sweet potato or butternut squash soup
                          • Meatballs
                          • Lettuce cups: stuff a lettuce leaf with spicy/taco ground meat
                          • Homemade breakfast sausage or patties (many recipes online)
                          • Beef and broccoli
                          • Chorizo slices with cubed sweet potato and broccoli

Just make this stuff and keep it in a container in the fridge.
                          My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
                          Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

Comment

Originally posted by gofigerr View Post
                            The fruit and proscuitoo sounds REALLY good, i could eat that for bk. So the cured meat's alright?
                            Prosciutto is great. It's a dry cured ham. Try to get the real stuff not the cooked knock offs made in the US by major chains - it's worth the cost for the better flavor.
                            I wouldn't recommend cured meats for breakfast everyday - although it does seem that plenty of people eat bacon every day so what do I know.

Comment

B.Knight - your breakfast sound delicious!

Comment

Working...
                              X