No announcement yet.

Moon Cycling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaagh, today I had an unbearable ache in my lower back and thought for sure Aunt Flo was coming today. Maybe tomorrow? Hopefully she will have by Sunday, that's when I'm starting progesterone (day 7).

Comment

Great thread,
      Any women still playing with this idea, may see if my partner wants to give it a try.
      "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

Had a bit of a look around found some related studies:
        The regulation of menstrual cycle ... [Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1986] - PubMed - NCBI
        [Births, fertility, rhy... [J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 1986] - PubMed - NCBI
        A lunar effect on fertility. [Soc Biol. 1981 Spring-Summer] - PubMed - NCBI
        Daily birth numbers in Passo Fundo, Sout... [Braz J Med Biol Res. 2002] - PubMed - NCBI

Interestingly most, more recent studies showed no corrolations, this may be because there is none or it may well be due to confounding factors like increased night lighting, one major factor I think is the "Blue Light" factor that emanates from TV's, which have become more common place in every bedroom in the last 20 years, it is well known that blue light interferes with the bodies circadian cycles.

Many of the studies suggested cultural practices and beleifs resulted in myths related to the Lunar cycle, but this, in my eye is very much discounted by a simple fact that many of the drugs we have today and still currently being investigated are the result of cultural practices that go back thousands of years in primitive societies.
        So I don't think we can just pick and choose the potential validity of cultural practices, the more we look at ancient cultural practices, the morew truth we find in them.
        "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

Another point of view suggesting that women who bleed on the full moon may not be "out of sync" Should your period land on the full moon or the new moon to be in sync with nature? | Yoga Goddess | Prenatal Yoga Classes, Fertility Yoga, Kundalini Yoga Meditation, Yoga Retreats for Women | Toronto, ON

"There are two traditional patterns women’s cycles can follow – the Red Moon cycle or the White moon cycle.

You won’t find a lot of literature about women who cycle with the Red Moon. My guess is that’s because of what menstruating with the full moon represented in the past. According to Miranda Gray, this cycle was linked to the archetype of the seductress, the enchantress and the woman who knew how to wield healing power and magic. This was the kind of woman whose sexuality was applied to something ‘other than’ the formation of the next generation. She was considered by our patriarchal ancestors as the ‘evil woman.’

In truth, the Red Moon cycle belonged to the medicine women, to the mid-wives, the magic-makers and the wisdom keepers of the community. These women were not focusing their feminine energies to give birth to children. Rather their energy was used to empower other women and their communities."
          "Fact is, we're the freaks, the misfit mutants surrounded by readily-available (and free) information about the evils of fat, the benefits of whole-grains etc. From an evolutionary point of view we're the weirdos with a short-life expectancy or we're trail-blazing a 'new' path." ~ AlanC

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Comment

Working...
          X