No announcement yet.

How Bad is Sour Cream?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make my own with kefir grains and organic cream. I try never to be out of it.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Creme fraiche has become a favorite of mine, the ingredients are simple (cows cream, and culture) and it tastes amazing with 11 grams of fat for one ounce.

Comment

Originally posted by davem View Post
        Oh man, it's terrible... especially for me, I can't just open a container and use it... I have to finish it.
        DITTO!

Luckily here in CO we have access to high quality sour cream (organic, pastured, etc) at some natural health food stores...

Comment

our farmers market has some really awesome mexican dips that are sour cream based. i use them to dip veggies in, or put onto meat/chicken, or potatoes.
          its hard to say if its the real stuff, though, so i try to go easy on it. the only sour cream ive ever seen (especially in the store) is just filled with crap and it says "artificially soured" right on it. hard to say if it was the good stuff or the cheap stuff that they used in your restaurant.
          also, im not one of the ones who can lose weight on a high fat low carb paleo situation, ive gained weight doing that so i try to keep it to a minimum.

Comment

Working...
          X