No announcement yet.

Rooibos Tea - What of it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about the fact that it's an extract of a legume? It contains a lot of nice antioxidants but what about antinutrients?

Comment

I like Rooibos. It's got a nice spicy flavor that tastes great without any sweeteners.
      High Weight: 225
      Weight at start of Primal: 189
      Current Weight: 174
      Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

I had no idea it wasn't caffeinated! I mix african red rooibos like a chocolate mate thing I have some mornings since I don't do much coffee.

I like milder tasting caffeine free tea at night like chamomile or a white tea (or a combination thereof) but it's good to know I could do some rooibos at night too.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by flundberg View Post
          How about the fact that it's an extract of a legume? It contains a lot of nice antioxidants but what about antinutrients?
          The tea is made from the leaves of the plant, I believe, so there should be no issue with the tea that might possibly be associated with products from legume fruits.

Comment

Originally posted by flundberg View Post
            Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
            The tea is made from the leaves of the plant, I believe, so there should be no issue with the tea that might possibly be associated with products from legume fruits.
            FW is right. The tea is made from the leaves. Yes, the bush happens to be of the legume family. So what?
            Rooibos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              FW is right. The tea is made from the leaves. Yes, the bush happens to be of the legume family. So what?
              Rooibos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              Yep. Just like if you eat the leaves of the turnip or radish plants. Completely different tastes and nutritional properties than the tubes. I'd imagine the same is true of the leaves vs. legume of the rooibos bush.
              "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

I luv Rooibos - something we grew up with ... other than the plain rooibos my favourite is Earl Grey a Carmien brand. In addition to being full of antioxidents and caffeine free, its excellent for your skin and immune system and very popular with south african mom's who feed it to their babies to help them eat and sleep better.

Comment

Working...
                X