No announcement yet.

No Bread with burgers and hotdogs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't make a big deal and try to explain paleo and convert everyone, no one will care. People are not that interested unless you put yourself out there as a weirdo or holier than thou type.
    This times 100. I think you and are in the minority here though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman View Post
      Wow you guyz did better then me because what i did on july 2 which was a early 4th of july party i did some heavy cardio like 4 and half mile walk with my dog then i did a 13 mile bike ride then ran 2 miles. Went to the party and got drunk as all hell i was the drunkin lifeguard on duty. had big handful of chips, when the main food came around i went all primal then dessert since i did so much cardio that was even a problem had a brownie and a nice size piece of cheese cake. I don't know but i like to let loose a little but i make sure i put in the heavy cardio then your hard work don't go down the drain. Your not going to change your genes in one night. All i know is i think i had the best looking body at this pool party
      so many things wrong with this im not sure where to start. have you read mark's book?
      Primal Chaos
      37yo 6'5"
      6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
      current 338lbs 49" waist
      goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Nope no strange looks about not eating the buns. My mother on the other hand will birng her whole wheat buns and take out her hamburger squish it with a napkin to get any extra fat and grease off it then put it in her whole wheat healthy bun. LOL No, I'm not kidding!! I've seen her do this!!
        Had no idea I was so weak till I started walking in October. Could barely make it around the block!
        Now can walk on the beach for hours.

Comment

I just spent the last 3 days camping. I told my kids I would bring my own food. I did bring extra knowing my grand kids would want to eat what "Bunga Donna" was eating...sure enough...lol. When I made them hot dogs I didn't even bring buns. I sliced the hot dogs up and said we were eating our whole lunch with a tooth pick. I also sliced up fruit. That worked well until mom pulled out the cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
            Real men grill naked.
            Only if the single lady next door is grilling with me ;-)
            Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

Rather than go through the lame an humiliating process of eating my burger with a fork and knife, I've taken up the habit of bringing sprouted sourdough bread to our vacation spot. It tastes great and it makes stacking toppings a million times easier.

My current variation on the perfect burger

2 slices sprouted sourdough
              3 slices bacon
              1 egg, hard set
              1/2 lb grass fed beef, pan seared in butter.
              2 potatoes diced and pan roasted in butter.

Nothing low carb about the meal but I don't particularly care about carbs anymore as long as they're prepared correctly.
              "One can only be a perfect physician for oneself alone. " ~ Luigi Cornaro

Comment

Seriously, unless I'm at a nice restaurant, I just pick it up with my hands. That way I can lick the yummy juices off of my fingers!
                Durp.

Comment

If you eat dairy, you can do what I did a while ago and make a "cheeseburger" involving putting a patty between two pieces of cheese. My pre-teen nieces thought it was the funniest thing ever.
                  “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                    Real men grill naked.
                    Yeah, thought that about "...cook bacon," once. Once.
                    My Fitday public journal.
                    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
                    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
                    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

Originally posted by davem View Post
                      yeah, thought that about "...cook bacon," once. Once.
                      lol
                      7/4/11: 42-38-43
                      8/3/11: 41-37-42
                      11/27/11: 41-36-41
                      Goal: 38-32-36

Comment

I made these grass fed bison/beef burgerdogs.
                        Shape it like a hot dog, grill it, wrap it in romaine!!
                        My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
                        www.greenlightjerky.com

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLightJerky View Post
                          I made these grass fed bison/beef burgerdogs.
                          Shape it like a hot dog, grill it, wrap it in romaine!!
                          That's how I make my burgers too! Although I never put pickles on.....need to find some good pickles! If the burgers aren't shaped right I just cut it in to thirds and eat it this way anyway. I love it. I honestly thing if I ever left primal (not likely) I would still eat burgers this way. In a restaurant I just order the burger on a salad. No bun, no fries. I don't think I've ever had a question about it. Oddly enough, I do miss buns and ketchup when it comes to brats. But no problem on the burgers.

As for what people think....I just eat my food. No one ever really bothers me about it one way or the other.
                          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                            I ordered no bun, no fries, no onion... and he asked if I was eating paleo! He said he did too and had lost a bunch of weight, and was more than happy to personalize my order!
                            It's getting around fast! If we were all more open minded about how we live our lives then we would be SHOCKED as to who we learn eats primal or paleo. Even myself.
                            Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gager View Post
                              so many things wrong with this im not sure where to start. have you read mark's book?
                              Yea it was amazing book it's my bible next to my bed. I let loose maybe 6 times a year.

Comment

I unabashedly eat burgers & dogs w/o buns, & have never bothered to notice anybody's looks. FEITCTAJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X