Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Peas -- Legume or Starchy Primal Veggie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Peas -- Legume or Starchy Primal Veggie?

This may sound like a dumb question and I have read the book and the web site... but I was looking through some paleo recipes (which does not necessarily equate 100% with primal) and they were using green peas.

Are fresh or frozen green peas a primal starchy vegetable? I have been thinking of them as a legume?

I'll eat them from time to time...usually they're mixed in as part of a larger dish. Technicality they're probably not "primal" but it's a whole food so it's "in" as far as I'm concerned. Not sure I care for them enough to have a big side dish of peas.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Mark said on a blog that young green legumes like peas are probably okay, and I would think primal people ate them since we can. It's the matured versions that are bad.
      WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Comment

Working...
      X