Ladies...shrinkage and cravings? HELP!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Vixen,

""I have been doing my best to eat primal for about 3 weeks now. I am having some really bad cravings for chips at the moment and just scarffed down about 4 servings of multigrain chips by food should taste so good. I now feel too full and tired and a little ashamed. I had lunch right before. Nice big salad with 6 0z salmon, goat cheese and olive oil balsamic dressing. I should have been full but I pigged out on carbs anyways. Any suggestions? I suffer from PCOS and I believe part of my cravings are caused by my stupid hormones...""

What worked for me was thinking that the cravings were my fat cells starving :-) A very good thing. I had a list of activities that I like to do and would pick one, set a timer for 15 minutes and tell myself. "If I still really want (whatever the craving was) I could have it when the timer goes off." By then I was engrossed in my walk, dance, book, etc. and the craving was gone.

I will confess here only, during the first week my DH came home, heard my laughing like a maniac. He asked me what was so funny. I told him I was starving my fat cells to death. He literally backed away and left me alone for half an hour. :-)

Goldengrokette
    Last edited by goldengrokette; 07-01-2011, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vixen2188 View Post
      My b/f sometimes comments that when I weighed a little more my breasts where nicer and I don't know what to tell him. I just hope that the fat loss will effect my stomach more.
      Whoa, just whoa. Any guy saying that is a dick, end of story, that's a dick move.

If you're 5'5" and 113 pounds... do you have any muscle at all? All the women I've known at that size were in a good place, and even the most minor bit of muscle stood out. I would think pectoral growth would help reverse some sagging.
      My Fitday public journal.
      Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
      Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
      Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

DaveM,
        Thanks for your comment. It's not that my BF is a dick I just asked him for his honest opinion. I'm sure it's something to do with my hormones. I do have muscle definition and I am pretty proud of my arms. I guess everyone is different and loses fat differently. When I was in highschool I was a D and now I'm a small B. It's not the size that bothers me just the deflated look from so much loss. I am the body type that gains fat mostly in the upper body so I'm just not comfortable with myself anymore.

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/...8/IMG_0351.jpg here's a pic as of yesterday. Just not proud of my tummy for my height and weight...I know I know it's probably all in my head Thanks again for your reply

Comment

Ok, you look very good. Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't see anything I wouldn't want to.

I'm really not sure what to say about the "deflated look" though other than, as a guy, we like all of them, and yours probably get more looks than you're aware of. I'm now bowing out before I start to look like some internet creepster.

As far as it being a dick move, well... we should never be honest when confronted with questions like what you posed to him, answering truthfully IS a dick move.
          My Fitday public journal.
          Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
          Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
          Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

haha thanks for your kind comments. I doubt your that kind of creepster. My BF and I have a very honest relationship going on 8 years. Yes sometimes it can be hard to take comments but then it makes it easier to stay true to yourself and what you believe in. I see in your signature you did that warrior dash. How was that? I just completed the Wasatch Back Ragnar and had a blast!

Comment

Mark sure you get a properly fitted bra. Most women are wearing the wrong size! A good bra will give you support and reduce any further drop.

Oh and eat fat!
              My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

As an artist, I've worked with tons of nude models, so I've seen it all. Breasts come in all shapes and sizes. I've seen very thin, young women who point down, fat women with very perky breasts and everything in between. The only breasts most people see are their own and the models in magazines and on tv. Totally not fair. You can do exercises and that will likely help you, but so much of how we feel about our bodies is in our minds. I don't feel awesome about my body, and I think I looked hot when I was 26, but when I was actually IN my body at 26, I hated it. Can't win sometimes.

And I'd say that BF doesn't get to touch your breasts until he says nice things about them. It's a privilege for him to be close to you. :-)
                Woman, Artist, Wife, Visionary, Mother, Gardener, Daughter, Tea-drinker, Friend, Believer.

Comment

Thanks for your comment. I know it's a lot about self esteem and your own mind playing tricks on you. Slowly but surely I'm getting more comfortable with my body. I will take your opinions into consideration and do my best to give myself more compliments. Breasts are not everything in life! I feel better with all your support! Sometimes I just have to look back at what I used to be like and know that I am much better off mentally and health wise!

Comment

Working...
                  X