No announcement yet.

My Leptin Program & Menu Sharing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great night of sleep! I wonder when it will become something I don't marvel at; long years of insomnia have made this sleep precious.

Didn't get around to making ice cream yesterday since DH wanted to go out for dinner at local steakhouse to celebrate a special event in his life, so steak tartare, and mushrooms, and I had a bite of his chocolate gelatto.

Today's plan:
    B-hamburger patty with 1oz cheddar, greek yogurt with 1T walnuts & 1T gold flax seed (a mistake, they stick in teeth)
    L- salad w/tuna
    D-chicken, lettuce wedge w/blue cheese and bacon (I used to hate iceberg lettuce until I found organic iceberg, which is very nice.)

From Mastering Leptin: Leptin tells thyroid hormones, adrenal hormones, pancreatic hormones, and sex hormones how to perform. Leptin can function without any help from these other hormones, but these other hormones cannot function properly without leptin. (Kindle Locations 314-315).
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Comment

@wyldechild, fairyrae: great ideas! I am a notorious (to my kids) experimenter. They still won't let me forget a broccoli milkshake I made;clearly not a success.
      WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Comment

[

From Mastering Leptin: Leptin tells thyroid hormones, adrenal hormones, pancreatic hormones, and sex hormones how to perform. Leptin can function without any help from these other hormones, but these other hormones cannot function properly without leptin. (Kindle Locations 314-315).[/QUOTE]

Love getting these quotes. I have a library copy of ML, so your quotes are handy for me to send out to friends. Thanks a lot.
        Wisdom begins in the recognition of how little we know.

(teaching of Socrates)

Comment

Here's my food today:
          B- double protein shake with coconut milk blended with ice for milkshake effect.
          L- two burger patties w/cheese; cm ice cream
          D-tuna salad on raw spinach, strawberries
          Last edited by Digby; 07-05-2011, 10:53 AM.
          This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
          Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Originally posted by Violette View Post
            [From Mastering Leptin: Leptin tells thyroid hormones, adrenal hormones, pancreatic hormones, and sex hormones how to perform. Leptin can function without any help from these other hormones, but these other hormones cannot function properly without leptin. (Kindle Locations 314-315).
            Love getting these quotes. I have a library copy of ML, so your quotes are handy for me to send out to friends. Thanks a lot.[/QUOTE]

Love them too which helps reinforce the principles for me, too.
            Last edited by Digby; 07-05-2011, 10:55 AM.
            This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Glad to share! I'm feeling lazy after a doctor's appoint; always do, don't know why; must be the stress of going and seeing so many really sick people.

Food today:
              B-Protein shake, two boiled eggs, 1oz cheddar on GG fiber cracker
              L-1/2 sweet potato, burger patty
              D-Chicken patty on spinach or lettuce with salad fixings.

Byron Richards: The number-one sign that there is a problem with leptin resistance is overeating at night. This is the single most important symptom indicating that leptin is really out of control. (Kindle Locations 2054-2055).
              WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by SugarBaby View Post
                Lemon broccoli; is that steamed with a little lemon juice? Good menu for the day.
                Blanche your brocolli in boiling water until fork tender then shock it in ice cold water. While the brocolli is cooling off, take you fat of choice, I used to use olive oil but used butter this time, melted it in a pan then added minced garlic. Cook for one minute then add your drained brocolli to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off heat, add S&P to taste then squeeze the juice of one lemon over the top. Serve immediately.
                Georgette

Comment

Todays food:

B: 4 eggs scrambled with sausage and cheddar cheese, 1 chicken leg
                  L: 2 primal stuffed cabbage rolls and 1/2 cup cottage cheese
                  D: Crockpot chicken thighs, smashed cauliflower and maybe another veggie.
                  Georgette

Comment

Byron Richards: The number-one sign that there is a problem with leptin resistance is overeating at night. This is the single most important symptom indicating that leptin is really out of control. (Kindle Locations 2054-2055).
                    Wow--keep these quotes coming!! Very interesting...
                    My Before/After Pics
                    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

I put a list of my highlighted notes from ML on Brahniman's Definitive Leptin thread, but I like seeing the quotes other people find in ML, too. So keep 'em coming Sugarbaby. I always need lots of rereading to absorb material lke this. It's great so many have gotten on the leptin wagon.
                      Last edited by Digby; 07-05-2011, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Well, I'll be. I have the biggest overeating-at-night problem, time to fix it!

Comment

@Digby: I tried the search option but couldn't find Brahniman's Definitive Leptin. What is the key to getting there. I'd like to see your quotes. Thanks.
                          Wisdom begins in the recognition of how little we know.

(teaching of Socrates)

Comment

Originally posted by Violette View Post
                            @Digby: I tried the search option but couldn't find Brahniman's Definitive Leptin. What is the key to getting there. I'd like to see your quotes. Thanks.
                            I spelled his name wrong, but here's the link: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread32560-2.html

Comment

I added this to the recipe forum, but since we are sharing menus here, recipes seem good too:
                              Spinach, Chicken, Feta Quiche-crock pot version

Serves 8=31g protein per

1 lb ground chicken
                              10oz package of frozen spinach or cooked fresh-squeezed dry
                              6oz feta cheese, crumbled @1 ¼ c
                              1/3c fresh dill or parsley
                              2T onion flakes, or 1/4c fresh onion chopped
                              6 large eggs
                              6oz cream
                              ½ t salt
                              ½ t pepper

Butter 5-6qt crock pot, set to low.
                              Combine chicken, spinach, feta, dill, and onion; stir until well blended.
                              Whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper; add to chicken mixture, pour into crock.

Cook on low for 6 hours. Remove crock from pot to cool a bit, cut in wedges.

For oven, use a 5-6qt casserole, cook at 350F for 35-45 minutes, or until knife comes out clean from center.

(adapted from Family Circle May 2011)

Food plan today:
                              b-quiche two slices
                              l-quiche
                              d-cod grilled served w/jalapeno sauce; strawberry mozz salad

Comment

Pleeeeease, does anyone have a few different takes on how to prepare tuna other than the old school mayo, mustard, pickles kind I used to love in school lunches? Tuna has been the quickest go-to in the mornings lately as I've been out of town a lot, but I prepare a bunch in advance and I'd LOVE different ways to "enjoy" it.

GREAT THREAD!
                                Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Working...
                                X