Which are the Bad veggies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which are the Bad veggies?

I see folks posting referring to Good Veggie choices.

Which are the Bad Veggie choices?

I think it may be easier to begin with a Don't Eat list rather than list all the Primal Veggies

You can tell the *bad* veggies from the good because they wear little leather jackets and smoke.

Stay away from corn (not a veggie), white fleshed potatoes (if you are trying to lose weight), legumes (beans, peanuts, peas, etc - but peas that are meant to be eaten pod and all like snap peas are generally considered okay), and limit fruit (if you are trying to lose weight).

Most veggies are on the Okay list . . . particularly if they have already been eaten by some critter and turned into muscle tissue.

Comment

Botanically speaking, there's no such thing as a vegetable. Carrots, radishes, etc. are roots; peppers, snow peas, squash are fruiting bodies; leafy greens are, well, leaves. (This is why that ridiculous "tomatoes are actually fruit!" thing is inaccurate. Yes, they're a "fruit," along with all the rest of the produce aisle.)

Nutritionally speaking, the only thing that's classified as a vegetable that's not particularly great are potatoes, but even they're not agents of evil and destruction (unlike soda, Pop-Tarts, white bread and the rest of the rogues' gallery).

In short, veggies are awesome. I love them so, and they love me back.

Comment

Originally posted by brahnamin View Post
        Most veggies are on the Okay list . . . particularly if they have already been eaten by some critter and turned into muscle tissue.
        hahahahhahahahaha!

As for the rest of his post,
        +1

Comment

In general, below ground veggies such as potatoes, parsnips, carrots are going to be higher in carbs than above ground veggies. If carbiness is your definition of bad/good.

Comment

brussels sprouts!
            Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
            Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
            CW: 146.8 lbs
            GW 140 lbs
            A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
              brussels sprouts!
              I have to agree with this post! I HATE brussel sprouts! One of the few veggies, I don't like.

Comment

Cooked chopped brussel sprouts with lots of butter, crumbled crisp bacon, maybe some boursin.

Comment

Mmm brussel sprouts (little green brains) are fabulous.

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
                    brussels sprouts!
                    +1 Yes, they escaped from Death Row, so I consider them dangerous, downright poisonous. To my taste buds, anyway.
                    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

Comment

Originally posted by Cletc View Post
                      I see folks posting referring to Good Veggie choices.

Which are the Bad Veggie choices?

I think it may be easier to begin with a Don't Eat list rather than list all the Primal Veggies

There are no bad veggies or fruits. Some might contain more sugar than others, like bananas and mango, but doesn't make them bad.I recommend to check out the website whfoods.com. There is a lot of information about what makes certain fruits and vegetables healthy.

Comment

What about nightshades like tomatoes? I vaguely remember from one of Robb Wolf's podcasts that these were problematic, I could be wrong though.
                        Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Laconophile View Post
                          What about nightshades like tomatoes? I vaguely remember from one of Robb Wolf's podcasts that these were problematic, I could be wrong though.
                          Some people react badly to them. Like dairy, it's one of those personal things you have to experiment with.

Comment

Working...
                          X