Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should one reintroduce carbs after eating zero carb for 2 years?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should one reintroduce carbs after eating zero carb for 2 years?

I am emailing a lady who has been zero carb since 2009. She wants to start adding carbs back into her diet. What is the best way to do this? I suggested that she introduces one new plant food at a time to see if her body can handle it or not. She thinks raw or fermented veggies would be best.

What do you guys think?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

i wonder what she has been eating for 2 years that is totally zero carbs. seems most things have a least a small amount of carbs, unless shes purely a meat eater i guess
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

From a digestion standpoint, I'd think a small helping of white rice would be a good introduction back to eating carbs.
      Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
      Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
      CW: 146.8 lbs
      GW 140 lbs
      A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

i did it....if i could do it again

- take a round of probiotics and start with bone marrow/stock/soup and verrrrrry mashed cooked veggies with low fiber
        - take a digestive enzyme before/with each meal
        - eat 3 times a day...
        - introduce raw veg after probiotic cycle like apples
        - lotsa fresh herbs/kombucha/onions/chicory/sauerkraut etc

- remember your not ZC anymore and stop eating the same amount of meat when you start including other food....youll get bloated as @*($^ if you dont realize this lol

the bloat takes about a week to go away...your body needs time to build up a tolerance and heal your digester as it re-flourishes and you body is gonna hold water weight from the newly introduced variety/nutrients... you pass mass gas haha
        Get on my Level
        http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MalPaz View Post
          i did it....if i could do it again

- take a round of probiotics and start with bone marrow/stock/soup and verrrrrry mashed cooked veggies with low fiber
          - take a digestive enzyme before/with each meal
          - eat 3 times a day...
          - introduce raw veg after probiotic cycle like apples
          - lotsa fresh herbs/kombucha/onions/chicory/sauerkraut etc

- remember your not ZC anymore and stop eating the same amount of meat when you start including other food....youll get bloated as @*($^ if you dont realize this lol

the bloat takes about a week to go away...your body needs time to build up a tolerance and heal your digester as it re-flourishes and you body is gonna hold water weight from the newly introduced variety/nutrients... you pass mass gas haha
          +1

I just emailed her back and included this in my response as well as my favorite response from paleo hacks. Thanks!
          Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X