water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water

so it just kinda dawned on me after going after this IF lifestyle, what about water? i guess i never really thought about it before. i dont recall anything specific in the book but then again its been a year since i read it and i scanned through it yesterday and didnt see anything but my question is, water? how much? ive learned about water manipulation to get cut photos of yourself but here we are day to day trying to live up to and the way that grok might have so what about water? i used to try and get a gallon a day but after IF i just kinda sip it here and there through the day and i seem to be alot lighter and feel alot tighter. so my question in, why all the hype around water? i dont think grok had spring water at every turn during the day and he couldnt drink sea water? thoughts?

i went primal in feb 2010
    200lbs
    37% body fat
    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
    140lbs
    7.8% body fat
    29 waist

currently
    137lbs
    7% body fat
    29 waist

A gallon is fine. And recommended if you're active. It's really quite tough to drink too much water, but you'll know about it if you do. Because you'll die.

No really, drink a lot of it.
    The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
    Blog
    sigpic

Comment

LOL ok, well if a month goes by and i dont post something on the forum, then i didnt drink enough LOL

200lbs
      37% body fat
      38-40 waist

1 year to the day
      140lbs
      7.8% body fat
      29 waist

currently
      137lbs
      7% body fat
      29 waist

Comment

Agree with Primal Fist - Drink as much water as you can without it becoming uncomfortable. You will know when it's too much because you will feel terrible. 64oz (eight 8oz glasses) is actually a pretty good average estimate.

Comment

i t o t a l l y, agree. my point was ive been drinking less and i feel fine. then i started thinking that our ancestors no way drank a gallon a day so i was just kinda looking for some thoughts.

200lbs
          37% body fat
          38-40 waist

1 year to the day
          140lbs
          7.8% body fat
          29 waist

currently
          137lbs
          7% body fat
          29 waist

Comment

This may be a crazy way to do it, but I just drink when I'm thirsty. Some days it's more, some days it's less.

Mark has, of course, addressed this in a blog post http://www.marksdailyapple.com/8-gla...f-water-a-day/
            Last edited by kennelmom; 06-24-2011, 07:36 AM. Reason: edit to add link to post
            Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Check out pages 135-136 of The Primal Blueprint. Good explanation of water needs, ending with the advice: When in doubt, obey your thirst.
              Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

Our ancestors didn't have Mass Effect or katanas either, but good luck getting mine from me.
                The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
                Blog
                sigpic

Comment

Check out pages 135 and 136 in the book.

I've cut down on my water intake quite a bit since reading that (and the rest of the book). (I'm a new PB'er so it's early days for me.)

Comment

AHHHH i found it. THANK YOU! ok now i feel better! since i started IF i am barley drinking 3 glasses per day. i used to drink a glass with each meal thats why it was easy to get alot.

200lbs
                    37% body fat
                    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
                    140lbs
                    7.8% body fat
                    29 waist

currently
                    137lbs
                    7% body fat
                    29 waist

Comment

i think its a good idea to drink plenty of water if you are in ketosis. my experience with this is when i was doing atkins several years ago (quite sucessfully i might add ~ 150lbs lost in 12 months)

if nothing else it keeps your breath from smelling like acetone
                      Primal Chaos
                      37yo 6'5"
                      6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
                      current 338lbs 49" waist
                      goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Working...
                      X