No announcement yet.

Can i eat Rice as part of my 50grams of allowed carbs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolverine, no one can (or should) tell you what you can or can't eat. Veggies are more probably ideal than any grain ofr carbs, but whatever best fit for your life. I was debating whether or not to start eating oatmeal a short while ago and opted to not.. veggies for me instead

Comment

I think Mark's post from yesterday, 'Diet as Dogma' tells us all that what we eat is up to our individual needs/preferences.

Comment

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I'm very interested in the whole soaking thing.

Every now and I then I get a hankering for oatmeal, and I'd really like to learn how to soak it properly for those rare times I really want to make it a cheat. Reading the rice-soaking link lead me to thinking about oatmeal. Does anyone know if overnight soaking in an acidic medium (for oatmeal) is sufficient, or you actually need some kind of fermentation process?

Comment

Nina, I know you're familiar with WAPF principles. Here are some posts from The Nourishing Gourmet on soaking:

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/nourishing-foundations

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/...o-the-day.html

Comment

Maba - oh cheers for that, esp. the 2nd link that talks about phytase in oatmeal. Not sure if I want to add any spelt or whole wheat flour to it tho'.....hmmmm...may have to re-think the cheat

Comment

What are your fitness goals... if to lose weight... then no.

Comment

my personal stance on rice is that being a grain, and thus neolithic, it is not a perfect food but, in the same time, i'm not a perfect human being as well; besides, perhaps rice (white) is the least harmful of all grains

so sometimes i indulge in white glutinous rice - it is the best sidedish to fried eel

Comment

Working...
                X