Getting more fit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting more fit

Id like to know if it's safe to take creatine, protein, zinc, and magnesium pills before an intense workout at around 8PM every day of the week?

Thanks for the answers

Personally, I'd say no. If I needed energy for that kind of workout, I'd eat a well-timed meal - provided, I'm hungry before then.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

I see zero reason as to why it is unsafe. Maybe just be careful to hydrate cuz of the creatine?

Comment

My issue, as I think about it now, is the idea progressively pushing one's fitness levels higher. Wouldn't it be more sensible for the body to be pushed to the limit, naturally? Part of conditioning, and fitness is allowing your body to undergo duress, and progressively getting more acclimated to such; and then pushing it to higher limits?
        If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Well the Zinc and Magnesium Supplements are mainly used for helping burn chest fat. While the creatine and protein pills are for the muscle mass and growth process. I just dont want to have intense chest pains (heartburn?) or stomach aches from taking them all.

Comment

So I should hydrate a lot?

Comment

Originally posted by Jman29758 View Post
              Well the Zinc and Magnesium Supplements are mainly used for helping burn chest fat. While the creatine and protein pills are for the muscle mass and growth process. I just dont want to have intense chest pains (heartburn?) or stomach aches from taking them all.
              Never heard that about Zn and Mg for burning chest fat - do you have a link?

Is the Zn and Mg for man-boobs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0U9t...e_gdata_player
              Last edited by Sue; 06-22-2011, 09:55 PM.

Comment

I think for getting more fitness you can eat fruits and vegetables. Drink a lots of water and doing regularly exercise for early morning because it is one of the best way for stay fit. Always avoid alcohol and smoking because it is very bad for health. As per my opinion yoga is one the best exercise for stay healthy and fit.

Comment

margins, even though the margins are within printable range, and the "Adjust to %age of normal size is filling in at less than 100%". It seems almost as if I put extra rows and columns in my print range, even though i didn't. How can I get the document to take up more of the page and less blank border around it?

Comment

Supplements or not, an intense training session every evening of the week is probably not a great idea
                    Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
                    Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
                    The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
                    Brute Force Sandbags
                    www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
                    http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
                      Supplements or not, an intense training session every evening of the week is probably not a great idea
                      +1.

Also, what are your goals here? Reducing chest fat is not a realistic goal, as you can't spot-reduce. Your body naturally stores fat in certain places, and will continue to do so until overall body fat levels are lowered (which is done through control of your diet).

Magnesium is usually to help people sleep better- why would you take it before a workout?

Why do you feel the need to supplement your protein intake? You should probably adjust your eating habits first, then take it if you really need it, which is unlikely.

Also keep in mind that late-evening workouts can cause you to stay awake later than you want.

I don't know. None of this seems like a good idea or sound logic to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jfreaksho View Post

Also keep in mind that late-evening workouts can cause you to stay awake later than you want.

I don't know. None of this seems like a good idea or sound logic to me.
                        Have to agree here ... my martial arts training is, unfortunately, usually after 8:00 PM and I have to rise around 5:30 every morning. The late training does get in the way of getting to sleep, due to the activity just prior.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
                          Why wouldnt it be?

Comment

Your muscle fibers need time for recovery.

Comment

Working...
                            X