Dr. Oz Says No To Sugar!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Oz Says No To Sugar!

I'm always interested to see what Dr. Oz's main points of his show are for the day and today I was absolutely surprised by the headline, "Number One Food To Get Out of The House Is SUGAR!" Coming from a primal point of view I thought this was absolutely awesome, especially since they went on to give the statistic that an 'average american' eats 7.5 lbs of sugar a month!

In related news, Stabby Raccoon says no to cocaine binges and prostitutes with STDs!

But in all seriousness it is good since he has so much influence. I forgot that many people aren't as well-informed as we are, even though it's obvious, I mean just pubmed sugar consumption and do the math, people are eating too much fucking sugar and it's making them sick.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

It's insane how much influence that man has. He is a TV entertainer yet millions of people hang on his every word as if he were the ultimate arbiter of medical truth.

Him saying no to sugar is a step in the right direction however small.

Comment

I was asking my GP if she gets a lot of people quoting Dr. Oz when they come in and she just started laughing! She said it's better than nothing, at least its a startting point for aconversation with patients.

Comment

Yeah, it's awesome until Oz hears about the next latest thing, which might be completely off the mark, and starts spouting that. And he will. He will.
          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I can't believe my mom watches his show, still.
            If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

I once thought that if I did the opposite of everything Dr.Oz said I'd be healthy. Well i was right until now...finally he is giving some good advice. Unfortunately most people will hear this and replace the sugar with other junk like bread and pasta. Oh well. At least he's trying.

Comment

ha yesterday my mum sent me a text "Dr Oz tv shows parasite worms from semicooked meat! you should check it out!" she's always been cautious of me and my boyfriend preferring rare steaks, now thanks to Dr Oz she feels more validated. :P
                My primal journal
                25yo female, height 5'7"
                goal weight: 60kg / 155lb
                goal fat%: 20%

current weight: 70kg / 154lb

“The fact that a great many people believe something is no guarantee of its truth.”
                ― W. Somerset Maugham

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                  It's insane how much influence that man has. He is a TV entertainer yet millions of people hang on his every word as if he were the ultimate arbiter of medical truth.

Him saying no to sugar is a step in the right direction however small.
                  Dr. Oz is to the medical community what Dr. Phil is to the therapist community.

Let it be known that I am a much sexier, sassier bitch than Dr. Phil.
                  Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by Isis View Post
                    ha yesterday my mum sent me a text "Dr Oz tv shows parasite worms from semicooked meat! you should check it out!" she's always been cautious of me and my boyfriend preferring rare steaks, now thanks to Dr Oz she feels more validated. :P
                    Don't you realize thats the real reason why we all lose weight going Primal? Its the parasite load we all acquire XD
                    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineC View Post
                      Don't you realize thats the real reason why we all lose weight going Primal? Its the parasite load we all acquire XD
                      oh thank goodness I was having such a hard time explaining it to anyone else.

Comment

A very SMALL step in the right direction. Of course, he still touts whole grains and other foods that the body considers sugar, so I'll take it with a grain of salt (or, in my case, a liberal dose of salt). :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Freedish View Post
                          I once thought that if I did the opposite of everything Dr.Oz said I'd be healthy. Well i was right until now...finally he is giving some good advice. Unfortunately most people will hear this and replace the sugar with other junk like bread and pasta. Oh well. At least he's trying.
                          Is there are any literature from him, pre-TV show?? I'm curious if he's being driven by his sponsors.....
                          If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Maybe his TV appearances with G Taubes finally make him think.

Comment

Dr. Oz is popular because most Americans get what they know from the TV. News, medical information, nutritional information, etc is "downloaded" into their brains through the internet and mainly the TV. They buy, watch, listen to, eat and drink what the tube tells them consume. Dr. Oz is so popular because he is on TV and watching him for an hour a day is so much easier than reading (gasp!) a book and doing your own research.

His audiences is the same digusting type of crowds that Oprah has. The 'standup and applaud wildly at every single word said' bunch. Disgusting.

I would rather have my head set on fire and beat out with a sledgehammer than watch that crap.
                              Randal
                              AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                              Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                              http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X