Thanks for the Quest Bars referral

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the Quest Bars referral

I cannot remember who had originally thrown out the suggestion of these bars, but I got my free sample of two bars last week. They were good. I don't use bars as a staple, generally just to have on hand in case I need to consume something while out and about. I ordered some for those rare occasions.

Thanks.

Quest Low Carb Gluten Free Protein Bars

I actually like these a lot and really enjoy these inbetween lunch and dinner. I limit myself to around 1 box a month... they are just so damn convenient. I like to mix em up with Larabars to keep things interesting.

Definitely not the most primal food, but for someone who is out and about without access to a lunch box or fridge, these things are about the most primal bar I know of besides larabars.
    Last edited by Rivvin; 06-21-2011, 01:33 PM.

Comment

I didn't mind the taste, but the texture was awful. Tough to chew, reminiscent of PowerBars. I heard if you microwave them for a bit, they are much better. Not sure why they aren't primal, unless you are anti-sucralose. They probably chose it over stevia as a sweetener because stevia has an aftertaste.

Comment

I didn't like them either. It sticks a lot in your mouth.

Comment

I found them easier to eat cold rather than warm. It just kind of crumbled instead of sticking to my teeth.

Comment

I was surprised by the texture and consistency but I still enjoyed them. Unfortunately, they just kicked off major sugar cravings for me so I guess I won't be ordering any.

Comment

I got mine, too, and I appreciate whoever posted the link! They weren't to my taste, and I'm glad I now know that!
              Steph
              My Primal Meanderings

Comment

I loved these, they tasted like cookies.

Comment

I loved the vanilla almond flavor. I ordered a whole box! Great for when you are on the run and can't stop to eat. I think hey taste way better than Lara Bars.

Comment

I haven't gotten mine yet but I look forward to trying them out.

Comment

I tried the samples I received as well. I liked the peanut butter/chocolate, but not the vanilla. I doubt I'll purchase them anytime soon, but may in the future and appreciated the link. They are worth the try.

Comment

how can someone mimic these bars if one could make em?

Comment

Working...
                        X