Bowel Movement Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowel Movement Help

I have been eMailing someone back and forth who has a very unique problem. He wants you to answer this question:

I have an extreme laxative dependency an lost my normal peristalsis along with bowel function(natural).Food sits too long in my stomach.What can i do to improve the situation?

Let me know if you need more information. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

try mirolax combined with water, long walking, magnesium citrate, magensium spray, vitamin c at high levels.
    My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

i don't think that more laxatives would correct peristalsis.
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

I think this is a "see a doctor". Recovery from laxative abuse is complicated. If the muscle laxity is severe, major medical centers have a biofeedback system available to retrain the muscles. But this really needs a physician involved.
        “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
        Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

Roto-rooter or a plunger???
          Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Use some Sugar Free Metamucil and start out slowly. That stuff can be a big help.

I'm skeptical that someone would completely lose their natural peristalsis. They may have done some damage with laxative dependency, but it's not like the small bowel is going to stop completely and never move again. If that were true, they would need to be in an emergency room in 24 hrs.

I would suspect excess use of laxatives has done some damage or caused inflammation to both the small and large bowel linings too. Eating Primal and adding food using trial and error would be a good idea. They may be low on vitamin B and minerals as well.

If you are in the hospital for bowel surgery, you get fed through an IV and peristalsis stops in a couple of days. This is "shutting down the bowel." Once you eat again, it starts back up. I have done this 4-5 times.

Comment

A good primal friend would have gone over to help him push.

Comment

mirolax is not a laxative, its a stool softener which would help with a slow colon.

Comment

Originally posted by strom View Post
                  mirolax is not a laxative, its a stool softener which would help with a slow colon.
                  Yeah, but it won't promote a healthy bowel long term. It's just a temporary fix to move something that is sitting in there too long.

Comment

Fast for 3-4 days, water or green tea only, or second best, green juices; let the system heal, then eat & drink properly. Plus, get over the idea that every person should have a daily bm. You body will eliminate as it needs to, but carby junk is the worst thing for a happy lower GI tract.
                    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

General core muscle tone work could help.

I have heard from more than one source that colonics done regularly cause some sort of natural reset. But the colonic is done in such a way that you hold the liquid in for 3 - 5 minutes at a time.

I have also heard that is it not so much the lack of use as the build up of shit.

A great book for this guy woudl be Inside Poop - Scott Webb. After implementing his suggestions i never ever worry about my bowel.

My N=1 in a nutshell

10 colonics
                      6 months of High Quality Probiotics at ultra-mega-super-ginormous levels
                      6 months of 3000mg of Magnesuim Nitrate powder
                      6 months of Ox Bile

After that I dont worry about constipation... I had previously been constipated for 25 years

Additionally I never ever take a fiber supplement; the book explains why. Fiber is the devil ( unless it comes in the food you eat)
                      MCT is critical for bowel regulation
                      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

No a fan of colonics. But the 3000 magneisum citrate (nitrate is an explosive I believe). and ox bile might be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by strom View Post
                          No a fan of colonics. But the 3000 magneisum citrate (nitrate is an explosive I believe). and ox bile might be helpful.

"I prefer it my way" - the lord of war

honestly dont know how i typo'd that one LOL
                          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Magnesium citrate, a magnesium salt of citric acid, is a chemical agent used medicinally as a saline laxative and to completely empty the bowel prior to a major surgery or colonoscopy....

Magnesium citrate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                            yeah, that should clear things up!

Comment

Originally posted by DFH View Post
                              yeah, that should clear things up!
                              Yeah, it works.
                              WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Comment

Working...
                              X