No announcement yet.

Starting Tomorrow...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warrior Diet rules. I've been doing it for four months now and added the PB ethos on top of it about two months ago. The Warrior Diet is also a great read. There's some awesome stuff in there about stubborn fat and how to plan meals. A week probably isn't enough to get the benefits of the Warrior Diet. Try it for a whole month. The effects are awesome. It makes all of your senses much more sensitive. I will smell the lunch room here at work all the way from across the building sometimes.

Comment

For all those who practise Warrior Style, would you recommend it to someone who is trying to get pregnant? I'm not trying to lose weight (although I need to), just want to eat healthy. When I eat just once a day, I feel good and don't feel the need to snack at all. Whereas if I eat during the day, even if I'm full, I'm constantly looking for something to snack on and the snack becomes a full-fledged meal (usually nuts).

Eva, as a female warrior , your input/advice would be much appreciated.

Comment

I've tried the Warrior diet thing a few times (both non-primal and primal). I didn't have any problem not eating during the day as long as I kept myself busy. But if I got bored... uf! all I could think about was food.

But the bigger problem I had was eating enough at night. I would feel SO FULL after eating a certain amount of food, yet I knew I didn't get anywhere near as many calories I needed. If I ignored the whole calorie thing, by the 3rd day I'd be SO hungry due to, I assume, not eating enough on the previous days. (But, I think maybe I wasn't getting enough fat - lots of calories w/ little "fullness".)

Anyone else have (and got over) that issue?

It's certainly a convenient way to eat!

Comment

That probably happens the first few days. It does take a bit of plowing through the hunger for a while but eventually eating food is the furthest thing from your mind. There are definitely days where you will undereat, and then days that you will overeat. It happens. Part of the Warrior Diet is to reach satiety, which is also a tenet of the PB. If you're full, take a break. If you're still hungry, eat!

Comment

Been doing Warrior 4-5 days a week for 2+ years and it works for me. Hunger isn't much of a problem but I'm pretty busy during the day and appreciate not having to stop for lunch. I've been at net zero weight gain/loss (11-12% bf) for the past year and a half including a 6-mo stretch the first part of this year where worked out maybe once a week and had near net zero weight gain. I currently work out 5 days and am at -2 lbs. Not looking to bulk or lose but stay lean and functionally strong as I fast approach 5-0.

Comment

2 hours before my feast...

I wasn't too hungry during the day. I had an amazing fasted workout, after which I had a whey shake - just enough to prevent muscle breakdown. Then I went to classes. I felt normal but very sleepy. Then I headed down to the City to buy some groceries, and surprisingly I wasn't hungry at all haha... I'm so tired right now; not sleepy, though, and I feel very alert. I feel like my glycogen stores have been totally depleted. I have to re-carb today so I will feel okay tomorrow.

I think I can do this for more than a week. It's kind of hard, though, to plan a whole day's worth of food in one meal.. I want to eat so much stuff!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
              ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

[quote]

I think I can do this for more than a week. It&#39;s kind of hard, though, to plan a whole day&#39;s worth of food in one meal.</blockquote>

Exactly! That was a problem I was having. I think maybe it&#39;s also psychological - just not being used to eating SO MUCH in one sitting. Do you eat 3 times as much of each item, or 3 times as many items. Stuff like that.

Ok, yeah, I&#39;m just thinking too hard.

Comment

I used to eat 3 times a day... each meal was very different from the other. Before it was like "Umm I&#39;ll have this for breakfast, this for lunch, this for dinner... etc." Now I have to combine everything!

It&#39;s not so bad. I&#39;m just having some trouble in figuring out what to eat.. It&#39;s weird to eat bacon and eggs in the evening, you know what I mean? :P

Comment

I&#39;ve been doing Warrior Diet style for over 6 months. It&#39;s awesome and having that intense hunger feeling at the end of the day is great. It makes the meal so much more pleasing.

Comment

And it makes raw kale taste delicious...

I just had my first meal of my 4 hour window:

Kale with olive oil and (soaked) sesame seeds

Broccoli with soy sauce

Whole Milk Grass-Fed(First time I had it!)

Quinoa and mushrooms cooked in bone stew

Huge Steak

Dark Chocolate

Coconut Oil

My stomach hurts... :P

I love this diet. It&#39;s so great to know that I can still eat much more and still be doing the right thing.

Comment

Raphael S.:

That is quite a dinner!

I think the biggest thing for me with fasting is that it is easy to tell your body not to eat anything, and not eat. Whereas, if I say ... well I will just have a meal soon, then I start immediately getting hungry.

Comment

^ Yes! The hardest times are the two hours before breaking the fast, which for me is at 6PM. When 4PM comes, I&#39;m so impatient!

Anyways, if you want, we can discuss it on "Is the Warrior Diet any good?" thread, where there&#39;s more recent updates on my experience.

Comment

Working...
                          X