Do you eat animal fat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you eat animal fat?

The lamb chops and steaks I buy all have layer of fat at the edges, do you discard or eat it?

I cook it on and then depending whether it is soft or gristly fat I'll either eat it (yummy soft fat) or discard it (not a fan of gristle).

Comment

If it's grassfed, it's ok to eat - I don't go overboard though.
      My journal

Comment

I eat it all--as long as it's tasty!
        Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
        Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
        Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

I cut it into little bits so I can have some with each bite of meat.
          In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
          Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

That's the best part! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

'Round these parts, we call those "bliss pockets". As in: "Shush for a moment, honey. I'm about to bite into a bliss pocket."

"Mmmmm."

What can I say? I'm the kid who used to go around at the end of dinner asking if people were going to eat their fat...
              Steph
              My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Why would you not eat the best, most delicious part? Mmmmmm....
                Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Hell. Yes.

Comment

I guess I'm the freak here. The texture of a big chunk of fat just grosses me out.

Marbling? Great! Bite-size pieces? Not so much.
                    Durp.

Comment

You mean the thread title isn't a joke?

Yes, provided it cooks to something crispy, I eat it; if not, I'll have an inexpert go at rendering it. If there's some left in the pan, I pour it onto the greens. When there's fat left over - like from today's lamb burgers (hugely fatty mince) or from roasting bones for stock - I save it for frying. Lamb and beef fat is a beautiful thing and I never waste it.

Comment

Originally posted by onalark View Post
                        What can I say? I'm the kid who used to go around at the end of dinner asking if people were going to eat their fat...
                        My five-year-old will fight me for the fat on my meat. I think I told her in an offhand manner once years ago that fat helps in brain development, and now she has it in her head that she must eat it to get smart.

Comment

Sometimes I don't like the gristly texture. It's the same reason I didn't like chicken thighs growing up.
                          My blog - FitandFree.net - Live Healthy. Be Awesome.

Comment

Do I eat animal fat? You might as well ask if I breath air...
                            "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

Comment

Fat is good. Fat is tasty. etc etc. Fat is also where the body stores toxins.

If you are eating a piece of an animal that was fed antibiotics for growth, and whatever other chemicals, then that crud is stored in the fat. If you are eating an animal that ate what it was designed to eat, then the fat won't have toxins.
                              Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Working...
                              X