X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you eat less food now?

Consider these 2 facts:

* fat is very high in calories;

* the paleo/PB diet contains a lot more fat than veg, vegan, and CW diets.

Does this lead most people who are on the paleo/PB diet to consume less food?

calories, volume or both?

Mama to 4, wife to my love

Comment

Volume

Comment

Volume, yes. But I think I eat a lot more calories than before - yet I'm still losing weight (slowly).

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
        ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

i eat tons more in volume (leafy greens, other veg, nuts/berries & meat in moderate amounts). i used to be a packaged granola bar/protein bar queen. now that i&#39;ve taken the time to prepare my food, my grocery bill went down $15 and i dropped 10lbs

as far as calories it varies...some days i only get up to 800 and other days i eat 1400cals (i&#39;m 5&#39;4 115lb)

Comment

My volume has substantially decreased, but I haven&#39;t been on PB for very long so we&#39;ll see if it levels out as I continue.

Comment

@misathemeb...Only 800-1400cals?! I eat close to 2000-2300 cals every day, and I&#39;m 5&#39;4" at about 110lbs. What is your lean body mass composition?

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

more

Comment

Some people can lose weight eating well above maintenance level calories in "real" foods. I used to be one of them, but not anymore. I&#39;m at a point now where even if I eat over 50% fat and keep carbs well under 50g, I still have to cut calories to get rid of the last of this gut.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Less volume and less calories. It takes far less of both to satiate me these days. And I know very quickly when I&#39;ve eaten sufficient.

Comment

I don&#39;t even know how much I really ate before PB- I was an uncontrolled snacker. Because I used to work in an office where everybody brought donuts, cupcakes, and other junk...at the end of the day I couldn&#39;t even remember WHAT I ate, let alone the quantities involved. I literally felt as if I was starving all of the time, as well.

Now I only need to eat a couple of times a day; although I&#39;m hungry for my meals, I never feel out of control :-)

Comment

@jess i have no idea what my LBM is. i just get full really easily. i used to eat 1500-2000 on CW (i ate tons of kashi cereal/clif bars & bread) and my daily intake went up around that amount. but now i&#39;m just not hungry and it feels like i&#39;m forcing myself to eat sometimes

Comment

Less volume than when I was CW, but a little more than before I started making changes to my diet (when I would get most of my cals from soda etc).

I eat less often than before. Usually in the 1 - 2 meal a day range. Calories are a little less since I IF, but my meals are bigger so overall calories are only slightly less.

Comment

Far less volume, I snacked ALL the time and always felt hungry. I enjoy some nitrate free bacon some mornings, maybe 2 or 3 scrambled eggs with heavy whipping cream, and may not eat again until late after noon or dinner.

Less but I generally try to eat REALLY high fat to get the calories I need.

Comment

@misathemeb....Do you miss the Kashi cereal, cliff bars, and bread?

My diet consisted of mostly those items as well. I used to wake up and eat two bowls of Kashi cereal with huge scoops of Smuckers all natural peanut butter.

I&#39;ve just started PB, and am craving that cereal bad..

Comment

Working...
                              X