Do you eat less food now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting,

I ate a lot of Kashi, Cliffs and some bread too before going Lacto-PB. I usually only ate 1 piece of Ezekiel bread, so getting rid of that was not too difficult. And since it was sprouted and only about 15g carbs, I doubt it did much damage. I do miss the Cliff bars, especially the mint and cookie ones. But I eat Dark Chocolate fairly often and that helps. I never found Kashi cereal too addicting, but I guess I just never ate it often enough.

Comment

@Marvin...what are you eating for dark chocolate. Ive been eating some 72% Cacao (Ghiradli?, I just cant seem to put the stuff down.....whats your normal intake of chocolate?

Comment

I usually buy some 72-73% cocoa (about 3 different flavors) from Trader Joes. Nothing fancy and fairly cheap as well. They have some 90% cocoa, but at a much higher price.

I usually eat 2-3 blocks. Which is less than the suggested serving and I end up with about 10-15g carbs from them. Most of the cals still come from saturated fat and some of the carbs is fiber. They can be hard to put down, but I find eating them after a big meal can lessen overall craving. I usually keep some in my backpack also during classes in case I get hungry. I personally eat a slightly non-ketogenic diet (> 40g carbs or so), so eating a couple extra every now and then does not make a big difference for me.

Someone mentioned this earlier, but combining Coconut cream or milk with some cocoa powder and a little sweetner can give you something that tastes similar to Nutella. Great part is that it will be mostly fat with very little carbs and is a good way to keep cocoa in your diet.

Comment

You know what's delicious? 100% dark chocolate smeared with butter... or coconut oil. I eat it everyday!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
          ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

@ega i don&#39;t miss the cereal and i&#39;ve convinced myself that clif bars are laden with sugar and are "fake healthy" i DO miss french breads (baguettes, farmhouse bread & of course the croissant pastry) but i&#39;m getting so much better without it. i haven&#39;t had any bread in almost 2 months

Comment

"Volume, yes. But I think I eat a lot more calories than before - yet I&#39;m still losing weight (slowly)."

If you are losing weight, and you weren&#39;t before, you are eating less calories or you have increased your calorie output.

Comment

"Some people can lose weight eating well above maintenance level calories in "real" foods. "

No they can&#39;t. That is impossible. They might think they are eating above maintenance, but they are not.

Comment

It isn&#39;t that simple, we&#39;re not black boxes.

Have a look at GCBC and/or "Eat fat grow slim" (available as free to download pdf)

I find I&#39;m comfortably eating less in volume, probably happy at the same number of calories that previously I struggled to keep limited to IYSWIM

Comment

Bobbylight, no. I decreased my calorie output: no more HIIT, no more cardio, lifting only 3 days a week.

And I DO eat a lot more nowadays. Close to 3000 calories I would guess.

Why do you have to doubt every thing we do???

Comment

Yes, actually it is that simple. Calories in and calories out. The thing is that the calorie output we have is sometimes hard to calculate, and a lot of times people count calories wrong. But trust me, it is calories in/calories out.

I believe that per 100 calories, carbs store 3 extra calories per day. So, if you were to take 500 calories of carbs and replace that with fat, you would store 15 less calories...about a bite of food. I don&#39;t think it would make a difference at all. Metabolic advantage is a myth...calories in/calories out. It is science.

Comment

Raphael, I doubt what you say because what you are saying is impossible. I think you would be surprised if you actually started counting your calories. I thought I was eating a lot while doing PB too, but I added it up on fitday and it was about 2,000. I would have guessed it was at LEAST 2500 or more. Without grains, calories don&#39;t add up as much as you think.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...-calories.html

Comment

Bobby: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futile_cycle

Yes, calories in calories out, but not in the way you are thinking......

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

@bobbylight, personally, I definitely was on less calories pre-primal. I counted them, monitored them, and then burned them off through hour-long exercise routines (aerobics and light weight lifting.) I&#39;m already tiny, so I wasn&#39;t trying to lose weight, just maintain at about a 1600 range. After going paleo/primal, I recorded in Fitday for about 2 months straight, and my calories have averaged about 2200. (And not in keto, carbs averaged a litle less than 100g.) I&#39;ve lost about 3-5lbs. and have really "leaned" out.

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

bobbylight, who are you to say what&#39;s impossible? You got dozens of people in this forum, eating well above maintenance level, and still losing weight (or at least not gaining any). What do you say about that?

My meals are all topped with olive oil and butter, and finished with a piece of dark chocolate and coconut oil. I don&#39;t need to count calories. I know I&#39;m averaging 1,000 calories per meal.

Comment

Raphael, I say that they aren&#39;t eating well above maintenance. You can&#39;t lose weight eating above maintenence. Well you can&#39;t lose fat at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X